Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Device Manager Blank, Proxy IP that shouldn't be, and Vosteran

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#16 shelf life

shelf life

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,657 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:42 AM

hi,

Great, thanks for all the info. Iam not really a fan of those "tune up" programs like system mechanic. Most of those tweaks can be down with Window utilities and much lesser intrusive software. Some of the results they claim they can make are ridiculous also, its all a bunch of fluff really.

The best thing you can do is uninstall it via the add/remove programs panel.

If system mechanic has a antivirus component in it then it would cause problems if another AV was installed. Plus for AV there are much better options.

You mentioned Norton. Must have been installed at one time. Luckily Norton makes a uninstaller you can use that will remove any leftovers a ''regular" uninstall left behind:

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/kb20080710133834EN_EndUserProfile_en_us

MBAM and AVAST running at the same time will be ok. Ones for malware, the other for Virus. One thing you might check is if both monitor for malicious websites you may want to disable this feature in one so that both arent doing the same monitoring. It may cause a conflict or chew up system resources. Just experiment first with both as is and see how it goes.

As far as other logs I think disabling system mechanic pretty much cleared everything up.

How Can I Reduce My Risk to Malware?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 shelf life

shelf life

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,657 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 04 May 2015 - 05:13 PM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

How Can I Reduce My Risk to Malware?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users