Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Migrating from exchange to office 365 Cloud

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 adamheadley12

adamheadley12

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 14 April 2015 - 07:17 AM

Hello Guys,

I need some help... :) i wanted to know how to migrate mailboxes from on premise exchange to the office 365 cloud. could anyone tell me the steps or any links that may help ?

kind regards

Adz

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,244 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 19 April 2015 - 08:37 AM

That will depend on several factors. Which version of Exchange are you using? How many mailboxes are you migrating, and how large are they? Are you going to try to migrate everything all at once, or in stages? Are you using Active Directory to manage user accounts, and if so, do you want to sync the user's passwords to the cloud in addition to their mailboxes?

And, when the migration is complete, is everyone going to be using Office 365, or will some users still have their mailboxes in the on-premise Exchange server?

You might want to start your research here: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh852466.aspx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users