Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant right click on anything that has to do with the internet

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lolonoise

lolonoise

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 14 April 2015 - 06:24 AM

Yesterday i put in a new modem and router right after i got them hooked up and on i was unable to right click on anything that has to do with the internet on my laptop.  I go to connect to my wi-fi i right click on connect nothing happens i go to network and sharing anything that has to do with the internet i right click nothing happens.  when i put in a lan line i can get online but thats it.  i know a router cant do this so i was wondering if you guys have any ideas.  anything would be appreciated thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mdibiaso

mdibiaso

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 AM

Posted 14 April 2015 - 09:09 AM

Is your WiFi network broadcasting on the 2.4gHZ band or the 5ghZ band?

#3 lolonoise

lolonoise
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2015 - 02:27 PM

2.4gHZ

#4 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,052 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 AM

Posted 14 April 2015 - 07:35 PM

... I go to connect to my wi-fi i right click on connect nothing happens i go to network and sharing anything that has to do with the internet i right click nothing happens.  

The 1st item - are you speaking of the area where all available wifi signals are listed?  If so, RIGHT-click should bring up 3 options related to data usage; metered connections and "forget this network".

The 2nd - If you RIGHT-click on the wifi icon in the notification area (bottom-right of screen), you should have 2 options -  Troubleshoot Problems + Open Network & Sharing Center.

Do none of these work?

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015

#5 lolonoise

lolonoise
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2015 - 09:22 PM

1st i am unable to right or left click on any in the listings of Wi-Fi connections.  Same with anything that has to do with connecting to wifi or the internet only way i am able to connect is to hard wire.

2nd that has no affect on anything ive contacted Microsoft spent an hour and half with them they couldn't figure it out.

#6 jamesjogi08

jamesjogi08

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 17 April 2015 - 09:22 AM

The 1st item - are you speaking of the area where all available wifi signals are listed?  If so, RIGHT-click should bring up 3 options related to data usage; metered connections and "forget this network".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users