Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Hello, from Western Maryland!!! Also known as, "WMD".

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Phishhed44

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:11:22 PM

Posted 13 April 2015 - 11:10 PM

Hey Y'all!!!  My name (here, and elsewhere on the web) is "Phishhed44".  I am a very competent computer "guy", however I have NOT used Win8 AT ALL.  I used to customize XP, I dig my WIN7, but I refuse to update to IE11.  I use Firefox anyway for browsing, so none of that matters I guess?  I've been battling the BIG-C for a few years and believe I'M FINALLY CURED!!!  Ya-HOO!  (Just found out).

I'm 53, spent 12 years in the MidEast, and seen much of this beautiful planet.  If it wasn't for SOME humans, it would obviously be a much more beautiful planet.  As I said in my SUBJECT line, I live in Western Maryland (WMD), and with all the time I spent with Arabs and Persians in the MidEast and SW Asia, I can tell you that WMD's EXIST "over there"...and someday madmen will use them.  Time is NOT on our side. 

Anywayz, in 1994-ish, I programmed a complex DOOM2 version (WAD file) of Level-16...it took me 3 1/2 months and only had one bug!  So, back then, that was an accomplishment.  I used IBM OS2 to port grass and night-sky which you couldn't do with WIN or DOS.  I also added actual Patriot missile sound taking place of the lame rocket launcher sound.  I recorded the Patriot audio during Desert Storm. Pretty cool.  I could have fixed that bug, but got bored with it all...plus, it took most of my free "night-time" and my ex-wife was threatening to leave/kill/maim etc me?!  I don't blame her, but HEY...this was new ground in computing and I was eating it UP.  The Internet was brand new and I had some cool programming disks...but I lived in Saudi Arabia at the time so, I was behind the U.S. learning curve(?)!  Anyway, it was made with multi player network (Novell 3.12 at that time...I was a CNA) DeathMatch in mind, and there was some interesting days where I was running my modified level disk by bicycle from my programming lounge at my villa, to my buddy's villa where our back to back Deathmatch room was hosted and built by my friend...who's wife and kids had left the Kingdom due to the increasing bombings in Riyadh at that time.  (Sorry for the run-on there?). Anyway, can you picture a bunch of (drunk?) geeks back to back DM-ing as I crash the party with disk in hand?  Yeah, we were ON IT...don't ask about the drinking in KSA comment...but we were civilians(?)!!!!  Chuckle.  ;D

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cwbytez

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 15 April 2015 - 07:16 PM

Welcome to the community!
And enjoy your stay :)

My native language isn't English,so please point out to me out if I make any grammar mistake :P (i'm not really good at english)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users