Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

One speaker is SUPER soft, other working at normal volume?! Dell Pavilion dv6

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kenilworth

kenilworth

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 AM

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:32 PM

Hey there,

I've tried all the normal things - online troubleshooting through Dell and Windows (running 64 bit Win 7 Home Premium), plus updating drivers, uninstall/reinstall device, checking through media software settings (VLC, iTunes) - and cannot seem to figure out why my LEFT speaker is playing at what sounds like 10-20%, versus the RIGHT one playing at 100%. No major update or change predated this issue. Simple Windows Update stuff, but I purposely don't let Windows touch my "manufacter" drivers etc.

Anyone with a clue as to what else I can try?

THANKS!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,117 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:59 PM

See if this HP fix helps!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-PC-Sound-and-Audio/Speaker-problems-with-HP-Pavilion-dv6-3136ee/td-p/493843

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 kenilworth

kenilworth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:33 PM

Thanks for responding, OldPhil. I tried that fix already. Just did again. I've done it with headphones and it works fine. It also works okay with a speaker connected to the headphone jack. I guess the conclusion that I have to draw is that the left speaker hardware inside the laptop has somehow malfunctioned. It's not as if the sound is completely absent, though. It's just very very low in volume by comparison to the right one. That's what makes me think there is somehow some kind of imbalance set accidentally by some software or BIOS thing.

Frustrated and confused.

#4 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,117 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2015 - 01:39 PM

Knowing all devices plugged into you head phone jack work tells me it may be the jack , there are three prongs in the jack neutral R+L, I am wondering if the jack is faulty not making good contact on one of its prongs. 

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users