Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Forcing ADSL+2 with a Netgear modem (DM111PSPv2)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 czarboom

czarboom

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:34 PM

Might be the wrong section but here goes.

I have ATnt Uverse (ADSL+2) and use the ATnT Motoralla 2210 modem.  I increased my speed and now the modem is not doing so well.  It maxes at 14Mbps and has only 8Mb of memory, so I am maxing it at 13.5Mbps.  I think Im getting into either a thermal issue cause its working so hard (tried air cooling etc) or the cashe is filling fast and the process cant keep up clearing it. 

In either case I have a lot of hard resets to keep watching items like Netflix or Plex. even at lower speeds and bandwidth usage.

So I got a Netgear modem, and went through AT&Ts setup steps, and talked to customer support.  Right now I cant get it to work.  The wizard wont even run and the Atnt servers dont want to talk to it.  But the motoralla works fine, when I switch

I am thinking one of two things.

1. My modems MAC etc. has to be registered with AT&T?  or

2. the rj45 cable they use for AT&t uses a different PIN placement than the netgear uses.  (netgear runs off of pins 2&3).

So, any advice out there guys?  Anyone know the pins Uverse adsl+2 (i know sounds stupid trust me) runs on?

Anyone else had luck getting just a modem to work with AT&T that IS NOT at&ts?

thanks in advanced yall

cz

EDIT

I ment RJ-11 NOT rj45, for the dsl cable (sorry about that) a phone cable NOT a ethernet cable

thank you

Edited by czarboom, 13 April 2015 - 03:36 PM.

CZARBOOM 

"Never Stop Asking Questions, Question Your Environment, Question Your Government, above all Question Yourself.  We all lose when you Stop asking Why?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users