Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

1gb of ram is hardware reserved

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 paulos123

paulos123

• Members
  • 313 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 13 April 2015 - 02:20 PM

im using win 8,1 64bit and i have 6gb of ram and 5 are in use,

i tried this with msconfig to untick memory use but it was already like that.

also i checked bios and bios recognizes 6gb of ram

im suspisious about the integrated graphics card of the cpu which is 1gb,so maybe it takes 1gb from the ram

the dedicated is 2gb with which im playing my games.

i want to use all the 6gb if its possible cause im playing heavy games,so guys im waiting for your advise and help

here are the laptops specs  

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/2EV6ZgEa4ikX2Zh4Y01KAoh

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 atanas.kitov

atanas.kitov

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 13 April 2015 - 02:43 PM

You are right. 1024MB ATI AMD Radeon R4 Graphics (Lenovo) 

This is the thing that takes your ram. Your CPU has integrated Graphic controller and it uses memory from your Ram.

It will not eat your free Ram as long as you use the other GPU.

#3 paulos123

paulos123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 313 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:47 PM

how am i supposed to do that?cause i only want to use the other graphics card?

this one is useless,its only for movies or programs,

i can use the other for everything.........and get back the 1gb

waiting for your answer.......

also i want to add that with all programs i use(everest,speccy,openhardware,cpu-id)

i cant get the dedicated graphics crd temp,only the apu's temp

i tried from bios and the only option it gives me is to disable the good graphics card and use the apu,i cant disable apu from bios

also i disabled the apu from device manager but i only have problems now with resolution and also it says that the other driver which is the strong graphics card appeared problems

Edited by paulos123, 13 April 2015 - 04:29 PM.

#4 atanas.kitov

atanas.kitov

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 19 April 2015 - 06:32 PM

No, you should not disable it from anywhere. This is how it goes, every video goes trough the weaker(built in) video card. You cannot stop it or disable it as it will cause problems. By using the other video card I mean, when you start a game or something heavy enough to trigger the better video card, the weaker will not be in use, at least the memory will be free. You can ofc set any app to open trough the better video card by right-clicking on the icon and then choose run with graphic processor or something similar. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users