Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

start button

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 johnyjohn

johnyjohn

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:57 AM

Hi its me again, should be easy to fix if i knew what to do click on start button against all desk top symbols it has the figure 2 thanks if you can help. johnyjohn

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,610 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:50 AM

Hi johnyjohn :)

I don't understand what you're asking here, can you re-explain it or provide a screenshot of the issue so we can see what's happening?

mq1pzD6.pngHow to take a screenshot using the Snipping Tool
Follow the instructions below to take a screenshot using Windows' Snipping Tool:
  • Press on the Win Key + R to open the Run box;
  • Enter SnippingTool and press on Enter;
  • The Snipping Tool will open, asking you to choose the area to take in the screenshot;
  • Left click on the area where you want to start the screenshot, keep it, and drag the cursor across the screen;
  • Once done, release the left button to take the screenshot;
  • In the editing window, click on the File menu then Save As;
  • Save the screenshot in a folder that you can access easily;
  • Attaching the screenshot in your reply
    • Go in your thread and click on the Reply to this topic button in the top-right corner;
      85hPFGu.png
    • Below the text box you'll have the option to Attach files. Click on the Choose Files... button, navigate to your screenshot and select it;
      LKVBzF7.png
    • Once done, add a comment to your reply and post it;

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 johnyjohn

johnyjohn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:53 AM

hi thanks for trying to help but i cannot click on the start button to open menu when i do it i captures the start button may be if i explain it better .When i click on the start button and it opens to show what is on my computer.( control panel, pictures, documents, on right and on the left there is a list of things i have downloaded ,like ccleaner, avast, driver booster,google chrome, advanced system care ultimate 8, smart defrag, they all have (2)  at the end for instance avast (2) google chrome (2) ccleaner (2)  hope this helps thanks

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,610 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:55 AM

You mean like:

CCleaner (2)
Driver Booster (2)
Google Chrome (2)

And so on, right? Here's my Start Menu:

lEyvpdH.png

If it was yours, it would be like:

Microsoft Word 2010 (2)
Microsoft Excel 2010 (2)
Notepad++ (2)

And so on?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 johnyjohn

johnyjohn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2015 - 09:15 AM

hi yes thats right. thanks

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,610 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2015 - 09:17 AM

This is mostly due to profile corruption. Is this a new profile, or did you restore an older profile on that one? When did it start to appear?

unite_blue.png

#7 johnyjohn

johnyjohn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2015 - 09:32 AM

hi yes i did a old  restore cant really say, i have just noticed it as i dont   go in to start very often all i use is pinned to the taskbar thanks

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,610 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2015 - 09:34 AM

If you go in the following folder:

%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\StartMenu

Do you see anything? You might have to enable Show hidden files, folders and drives in the Folder Options to see something.

unite_blue.png

#9 johnyjohn

johnyjohn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2015 - 09:44 AM

yes i can tell you without looking i clicked on show hidden folders as i had downloaded revo uninstaller to get rid of a program then had a job to get rid of revo  but revo is gone now thanks

#10 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,610 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2015 - 09:45 AM

Alright, so what do you see in that folder?

Do you see your program icons with a (2) appended to them?

unite_blue.png

#11 johnyjohn

johnyjohn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2015 - 10:04 AM

sorry i do not understand the question.thanks

#12 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,610 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2015 - 10:06 AM

Can you go in the following folder:

Then tell me what is in it (the files, icons, etc).

unite_blue.png

#13 johnyjohn

johnyjohn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2015 - 10:26 AM

hi im sorry but it is a bit above me not had a computer for long as im 66 years old just got it when i retired  but thank you for trying to help me the computer  works okay so best i leave it alone thank you

#14 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,610 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2015 - 10:28 AM

I can explain it better if needed. Press on the Win Key + R button and copy/paste the following line in it:

The Windows Explorer will open in that folder. What do you see inside it. If you wish to leave it be, let me know.

unite_blue.png

#15 johnyjohn

johnyjohn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2015 - 10:52 AM

hi tried that and it said  windows cannot find so best leave it, Thank you for your help.JOHNYJOHN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users