Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Proxy virus hidden in Windows Update?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 didsyturbo

didsyturbo

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:37 AM

Around a month ago i downloaded 2 or 3 programs, i usually uncheck all boxes that offer 'extra' content but i must have missed one in one of the downloads because a few days later i was online and all of a sudden the screen changed to a message saying "unable to connect to the proxy server"

i wasnt able to do anything online so i went to another pc i have, looked up what was causing the problem and after a long process of trial and error, that took me over 2 weeks, i was eventually able to stop this from happening by turning off automatic windows update.

according to a post i read, the virus had embedded itself in the update process so even after i thought i had removed it the first several times, it would always come back on startup without my knowledge.

however now im getting a message after i close my browser saying "WebSecurityTask has stopped working.." . i originally thought it was just a one time thing but it has been appearing every time i close the browser. i found a program called 'SecurityTaskManager' in the control panel and deleted it but i have serious doubts i really deleted the original virus and now this new program i never knew i had.

any help would really be appreciated this has driven me insane for the last few weeks now, thanks.

Edited by hamluis, 13 April 2015 - 05:49 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:57 AM

There is a legit program named Security Task Manager....don't know if what you removed was the legit one or not. Someone would of had to install

the legit version.

Use the programs below to find and remove adware and malware.

Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the

Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of toolbars....especially Google.

After install, open CCleaner and run by clicking on the Run Cleaner button in the bottom right corner.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here
Double-click mbam-setup-2.X.X.XXXX.exe to install the application (X's are the current version number).

• Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • Once MBAM opens, when it says Your databases are out of date, click the Fix Now button.
  • Click the Settings tab at the top, and then in the left column, select Detections and Protections, and if not already checked place a checkmark in the selection box for Scan for rootkits.
  • Click the Scan tab at the top of the program window, select Threat Scan and click the Scan Now button.
  • If you receive a message that updates are available, click the Update Now button (the update will be downloaded, installed, and the scan will start).
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • If potential threats are detected, ensure that Quarantine is selected as the Action for all the listed items, and click the Apply Actions button.
  • While still on the Scan tab, click the link for View detailed log, and in the window that opens click the Export button, select Text file (*.txt), and save the log to your Desktop.
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can also be viewed by clicking the History tab and then selecting Application Logs.

POST THE LOG FOR REVIEW.

Download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.

• Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on Scan button.
  • When the scan has finished click on Clean button.
  • Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
  • Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
  • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.
  •  

• download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
  • Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message
  •  
  •  
  • Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
  • Click the esetonlinebtn.png button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
  • Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the esetsmartinstaller_enu.png icon on your desktop.
  • Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
  • Click the Start button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, click List Threats
  • Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Click the Back button.
  • Click the Finish button.
  • NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 didsyturbo

didsyturbo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2015 - 07:37 PM

Malwarebytes

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

www.malwarebytes.org

Scan Date: 13/04/2015

Scan Time: 18:32:05

Logfile: logMBAM.txt

Administrator: Yes

Version: 2.00.4.1028

Malware Database: v2015.04.13.05

Rootkit Database: v2015.03.31.01

License: Free

Malware Protection: Disabled

Malicious Website Protection: Disabled

Self-protection: Disabled

CPU: x64

File System: NTFS

User: Home

Scan Type: Threat Scan

Result: Completed

Objects Scanned: 385548

Time Elapsed: 26 min, 29 sec

Memory: Enabled

Startup: Enabled

Filesystem: Enabled

Archives: Enabled

Rootkits: Enabled

Heuristics: Enabled

PUP: Enabled

PUM: Enabled

Processes: 0

(No malicious items detected)

Modules: 0

Registry Keys: 0

Registry Values: 1

PUM.Bad.Proxy, HKU\S-1-5-21-3341394265-3329131283-3122543873-1000-{ED1FC765-E35E-4C3D-BF15-2C2B11260CE4}-0\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\INTERNET SETTINGS|ProxyServer, 127.0.0.1:8118, Quarantined, [c84be16b4c3e3303fd2955fbc93c7b85]

Registry Data: 0

Folders: 0

Files: 0

Physical Sectors: 0

(end)

#4 didsyturbo

didsyturbo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2015 - 07:38 PM

AdwCleaner

# AdwCleaner v4.201 - Logfile created 13/04/2015 at 19:13:17

# Updated 08/04/2015 by Xplode

# Database : 2015-04-08.1 [Server]

# Operating system : Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 (x64)

# Username : Home - HOME-TOSH

# Running from : C:\Users\Home\Downloads\Setups\adwcleaner_4.201.exe

# Option : Cleaning

***** [ Services ] *****

***** [ Files / Folders ] *****

***** [ Scheduled tasks ] *****

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

Data Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings [ProxyEnable] - 1

***** [ Web browsers ] *****

-\\ Internet Explorer v11.0.9600.17689

-\\ Mozilla Firefox v37.0.1 (x86 en-US)

-\\ Google Chrome v41.0.2272.89

[C:\Users\Home\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Secure Preferences] - Deleted [Default_Search_Provider_Data] :

AdwCleaner[R10].txt - [16371 bytes] - [13/04/2015 19:08:59]

AdwCleaner[R4].txt - [1636 bytes] - [21/03/2015 17:21:24]

AdwCleaner[R5].txt - [1832 bytes] - [21/03/2015 18:48:38]

AdwCleaner[R6].txt - [1431 bytes] - [24/03/2015 18:28:32]

AdwCleaner[R7].txt - [1310 bytes] - [27/03/2015 19:24:36]

AdwCleaner[R8].txt - [1482 bytes] - [13/04/2015 18:34:25]

AdwCleaner[R9].txt - [16309 bytes] - [13/04/2015 19:02:28]

AdwCleaner[S2].txt - [1736 bytes] - [21/03/2015 17:23:16]

AdwCleaner[S3].txt - [2024 bytes] - [21/03/2015 18:52:15]

AdwCleaner[S4].txt - [1467 bytes] - [24/03/2015 18:30:19]

AdwCleaner[S5].txt - [1383 bytes] - [27/03/2015 19:29:54]

AdwCleaner[S6].txt - [1549 bytes] - [13/04/2015 19:13:17]

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S6].txt - [1608  bytes] ##########

#5 didsyturbo

didsyturbo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2015 - 07:40 PM

JRT

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) by Thisisu

Version: 6.5.4 (04.13.2015:1)

Ran by Home on 13/04/2015 at 19:24:46.48

~~~ Services

~~~ Registry Values

~~~ Registry Keys

~~~ Files

Successfully deleted: [File] C:\Windows\prefetch\GOOGLETOOLBARNOTIFIER.EXE-7AE0A20E.pf

~~~ Folders

Successfully deleted: [Folder] C:\Windows\syswow64\ai_recyclebin

~~~ FireFox

Emptied folder: C:\Users\Home\AppData\Roaming\mozilla\firefox\profiles\xg946gva.default\minidumps [1 files]

~~~ Event Viewer Logs were cleared

Scan was completed on 13/04/2015 at 19:28:36.64

End of JRT log

#6 didsyturbo

didsyturbo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2015 - 07:42 PM

ESET

C:\AdwCleaner\Quarantine\C\Windows\mlwps.exe.vir Win32/Techsnab.F potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined

C:\Program Files\Adware-Removal-Tool\ARTP3.exe MSIL/FakeTool.PS trojan cleaned by deleting - quarantined

C:\Program Files (x86)\Megasoft Security\amint.dll Win32/Techsnab.D potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined

C:\Program Files (x86)\Megasoft Security\amint64.dll Win64/Techsnab.A potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined

C:\Program Files (x86)\Megasoft Security\jpchromium.exe Win32/Techsnab.D potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined

C:\Program Files (x86)\Megasoft Security\jpchromium64.exe Win64/Techsnab.A potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined

C:\Program Files (x86)\Megasoft Security\jptask.exe Win32/Techsnab.D potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined

C:\Program Files (x86)\Megasoft Security\ssff.exe a variant of Win32/Techsnab.H potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined

C:\Users\Home\AppData\Local\Facebook\Update\1.2.205.0\FacebookUpdateHelper.msi Win32/AlteredSoftware.A potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined

C:\Users\Home\Downloads\Setups\setup Project64 2.2.exe Win32/Somoto.Q potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined

D:\Nero Autobackup\20150224_232240_Local Autobackup\C\Users\Home\Downloads\DS Files\N64\CR_Downloader_for_super-mario-64.exe a variant of Win32/InstallCore.TU potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined

D:\Nero Autobackup\20150224_232240_Local Autobackup\C\Users\Home\Downloads\Setups\CR_Downloader_for_project64.exe a variant of Win32/InstallCore.TU potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined

D:\Nero Autobackup\20150303_232249_Local Autobackup\C\Users\Home\Downloads\DS Files\N64\CR_Downloader_for_super-mario-64.exe a variant of Win32/InstallCore.TU potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined

D:\Nero Autobackup\20150303_232249_Local Autobackup\C\Users\Home\Downloads\Setups\CR_Downloader_for_project64.exe a variant of Win32/InstallCore.TU potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined

D:\Nero Autobackup\20150304_232238_Local Autobackup\C\Users\Home\Downloads\DS Files\N64\CR_Downloader_for_super-mario-64.exe a variant of Win32/InstallCore.TU potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined

D:\Nero Autobackup\20150304_232238_Local Autobackup\C\Users\Home\Downloads\Setups\CR_Downloader_for_project64.exe a variant of Win32/InstallCore.TU potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined

D:\Nero Autobackup\20150305_232238_Local Autobackup\C\Users\Home\Downloads\DS Files\N64\CR_Downloader_for_super-mario-64.exe a variant of Win32/InstallCore.TU potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined

D:\Nero Autobackup\20150305_232238_Local Autobackup\C\Users\Home\Downloads\Setups\CR_Downloader_for_project64.exe a variant of Win32/InstallCore.TU potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined

D:\Nero Autobackup\20150306_232238_Local Autobackup\C\Users\Home\Downloads\DS Files\N64\CR_Downloader_for_super-mario-64.exe a variant of Win32/InstallCore.TU potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined

D:\Nero Autobackup\20150306_232238_Local Autobackup\C\Users\Home\Downloads\Setups\CR_Downloader_for_project64.exe a variant of Win32/InstallCore.TU potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined

D:\Nero Autobackup\20150307_232242_Local Autobackup\C\Users\Home\Downloads\DS Files\N64\CR_Downloader_for_super-mario-64.exe a variant of Win32/InstallCore.TU potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined

D:\Nero Autobackup\20150307_232242_Local Autobackup\C\Users\Home\Downloads\Setups\CR_Downloader_for_project64.exe a variant of Win32/InstallCore.TU potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined

D:\Nero Autobackup\20150308_232240_Local Autobackup\C\Users\Home\Downloads\DS Files\N64\CR_Downloader_for_super-mario-64.exe a variant of Win32/InstallCore.TU potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined

D:\Nero Autobackup\20150308_232240_Local Autobackup\C\Users\Home\Downloads\Setups\CR_Downloader_for_project64.exe a variant of Win32/InstallCore.TU potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined

D:\Nero Autobackup\20150309_232239_Local Autobackup\C\Users\Home\Downloads\DS Files\N64\CR_Downloader_for_super-mario-64.exe a variant of Win32/InstallCore.TU potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined

D:\Nero Autobackup\20150309_232239_Local Autobackup\C\Users\Home\Downloads\Setups\CR_Downloader_for_project64.exe a variant of Win32/InstallCore.TU potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined

#7 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,408 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:17 PM

Open CCleaner and click on Tools. Choose Startups. On that page you will see a list of Windows Startups and at the top tabs for each browser and Scheduled Tasks.

At the bottom right of that page you will see a button when clicked will allow you to Copy and Paste the list of Windows Startups and Scheduled Tasks into your next

post. Please do that.

Open CCleaner and click on Tools. Choose Uninstall. On that page you will see a list of programs installed on your computer and at the bottom right of that page you

will see a button when clicked will allow you to Copy and Paste that list in your next post. Please do that.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#8 didsyturbo

didsyturbo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2015 - 04:52 AM

Startup

Yes HKCU:Run CCleaner Monitoring Piriform Ltd "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe" /MONITOR

Yes HKCU:Run F.lux Flux Software LLC "C:\Users\Home\AppData\Local\FluxSoftware\Flux\flux.exe" /noshow

Yes HKCU:Run Spotify Web Helper Spotify Ltd "C:\Users\Home\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\Data\SpotifyWebHelper.exe"

No HKCU:Run swg Google Inc. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe"

Yes HKLM:Run 00TCrdMain TOSHIBA Corporation %ProgramFiles%\TOSHIBA\FlashCards\TCrdMain.exe

No HKLM:Run AdAwareTray  "C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware Antivirus\Ad-Aware Antivirus\11.6.306.7947\AdAwareTray.exe"

No HKLM:Run Hobbyist Software On-Off Helper  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Hobbyist Software\Off Remote Helper\Off-Helper Configuration.exe" /startup

Yes HKLM:Run HotKeysCmds Intel Corporation C:\Windows\system32\hkcmd.exe

Yes HKLM:Run HWSetup TOSHIBA Electronics, Inc. C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Utilities\HWSetup.exe hwSetUP

Yes HKLM:Run IgfxTray Intel Corporation C:\Windows\system32\igfxtray.exe

Yes HKLM:Run KeNotify TOSHIBA CORPORATION "C:\Program Files (x86)\TOSHIBA\Utilities\KeNotify.exe" LPCM

No HKLM:Run MSC Microsoft Corporation "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\msseces.exe" -hide -runkey

Yes HKLM:Run NBAgent Nero AG "c:\Program Files (x86)\Nero\Nero 10\Nero BackItUp\NBAgent.exe" /WinStart

Yes HKLM:Run Persistence Intel Corporation C:\Windows\system32\igfxpers.exe

Yes HKLM:Run RtHDVBg Realtek Semiconductor C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVBg64.exe /FORPCEE3

Yes HKLM:Run RtHDVCpl Realtek Semiconductor C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVCpl64.exe -s

Yes HKLM:Run SmartFaceVWatcher TOSHIBA Corporation %ProgramFiles%\Toshiba\SmartFaceV\SmartFaceVWatcher.exe

Yes HKLM:Run SmoothView TOSHIBA Corporation %ProgramFiles%\Toshiba\SmoothView\SmoothView.exe

Yes HKLM:Run SunJavaUpdateSched Oracle Corporation "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"

Yes HKLM:Run SVPWUTIL TOSHIBA CORPORATION C:\Program Files (x86)\TOSHIBA\Utilities\SVPWUTIL.exe SVPwUTIL

Yes HKLM:Run SynTPEnh Synaptics Incorporated %ProgramFiles%\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe

Yes HKLM:Run Toshiba Registration Toshiba Europe GmbH C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Registration\ToshibaReminder.exe

Yes HKLM:Run Toshiba TEMPRO Toshiba Europe GmbH C:\Program Files (x86)\Toshiba TEMPRO\TemproTray.exe

Yes HKLM:Run ToshibaServiceStation TOSHIBA Corporation "C:\Program Files (x86)\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Service Station\ToshibaServiceStation.exe" /hide:60

Yes HKLM:Run TosNC TOSHIBA Corporation %ProgramFiles%\Toshiba\BulletinBoard\TosNcCore.exe

Yes HKLM:Run TosReelTimeMonitor TOSHIBA Corporation %ProgramFiles%\TOSHIBA\ReelTime\TosReelTimeMonitor.exe

Yes HKLM:Run TosSENotify TOSHIBA Corporation C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA HDD SSD Alert\TosWaitSrv.exe

Yes HKLM:Run TosVolRegulator TOSHIBA Corporation C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TosVolRegulator\TosVolRegulator.exe

Yes HKLM:Run TPwrMain TOSHIBA Corporation %ProgramFiles%\TOSHIBA\Power Saver\TPwrMain.EXE

Yes Startup Common Toshiba Places Icon Utility.lnk Toshiba C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Places Icon Utility\TosDIMonitor.exe

Yes Startup User Dropbox.lnk Dropbox, Inc. C:\Users\Home\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\Dropbox.exe

Scheduled

Yes    Task    Adobe Flash Player Updater    Adobe Systems Incorporated    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe
Yes    Task    CCleanerSkipUAC    Piriform Ltd    "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe" $(Arg0)
Yes    Task    doPDF Update        "C:\Program Files\Softland\novaPDF 8\Driver\UpdateApplication.exe" /oem=doPdf8_Softland /silent
Yes    Task    FacebookUpdateTaskUserS-1-5-21-3341394265-3329131283-3122543873-1000Core    Facebook Inc.    C:\Users\Home\AppData\Local\Facebook\Update\FacebookUpdate.exe /c /nocrashserver
Yes    Task    FacebookUpdateTaskUserS-1-5-21-3341394265-3329131283-3122543873-1000UA    Facebook Inc.    C:\Users\Home\AppData\Local\Facebook\Update\FacebookUpdate.exe /ua /installsource scheduler
Yes    Task    GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore        C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe /c
Yes    Task    GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA        C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe /ua /installsource scheduler
Yes    Task    Great Performance Ultimate        C:\Program Files (x86)\PrivateVPN\gpup.exe
No    Task    Home Local Autobackup 5 4    Nero AG    c:\Program Files (x86)\Nero\Nero 10\Nero BackItUp\NBCore.exe "C:\Users\Home\AppData\Roaming\Nero\Nero 10\Nero BackItUp\Files\Home Local Autobackup.nji"
Yes    Task    Home NBAgent 5 4    Nero AG    "c:\Program Files (x86)\Nero\Nero 10\Nero BackItUp\NBAgent.exe"
Yes    Task    Megasoft Security Viewer        C:\Program Files (x86)\Megasoft Security\jptask.exe

#9 didsyturbo

didsyturbo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2015 - 04:53 AM

Installed Programs

7-Zip 9.20 (x64 edition) Igor Pavlov 16/10/2013 4.53 MB 9.20.00.0

8BitBoy AwesomeBlade 16/03/2015 

Adobe Flash Player 16 ActiveX Adobe Systems Incorporated 05/02/2015 6.00 MB 16.0.0.305

Adobe Flash Player 17 NPAPI Adobe Systems Incorporated 15/03/2015 6.00 MB 17.0.0.134

Adobe Reader XI (11.0.10) Adobe Systems Incorporated 11/12/2014 184 MB 11.0.10

Adobe Shockwave Player 12.1 Adobe Systems, Inc. 17/03/2015  12.1.7.157

Audiosurf Dylan Fitterer 30/12/2013 

CCleaner Piriform 09/10/2014  4.18

CopyTrans Control Center Uninstall Only WindSolutions 19/03/2015  3.003

Delete FXP Files 2007 JRTwine Software, LLC 29/10/2013 2.60 MB 2.0.23.47

Deluge 1.3.11  13/03/2015 

doPDF 8 Softland 10/10/2014 165 MB 8.0.906.0

Dropbox Dropbox, Inc. 13/04/2015  3.4.3

ESET Online Scanner v3  13/04/2015 

Everything 1.3.4.686 (x64)  17/03/2015 

f.lux  30/11/2013 

Facebook Video Calling 3.1.0.521 Skype Limited 09/08/2014 12.4 MB 3.1.521

Google Chrome Google Inc. 26/07/2011  41.0.2272.89

Google Drive Google, Inc. 17/03/2015 37.8 MB 1.20.8672.3137

Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer Google Inc. 03/03/2015  7.5.6227.252

Google Update Helper  26/07/2011 

Incredipede Colin Northway with art by Thomas Shahan 06/01/2014 

Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver Intel Corporation 26/10/2012  8.15.10.2189

Intel® Management Engine Components Intel Corporation 26/10/2012  6.0.0.1179

Intel® Rapid Storage Technology Intel Corporation 26/03/2015  9.5.7.1002

Java 8 Update 40 Oracle Corporation 17/03/2015 76.9 MB 8.0.400

Java™ 6 Update 20 Sun Microsystems, Inc. 26/07/2011 97.2 MB 6.0.200

Java™ 7 Update 5 (64-bit) Oracle 19/10/2014 95.0 MB 7.0.50

LAV Filters 0.63.0 Hendrik Leppkes 01/02/2015 27.4 MB 0.63.0

Magic ISO Maker v5.5 (build 0281)  14/03/2015 

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 2.0.4.1028 Malwarebytes Corporation 17/12/2014 57.2 MB 2.0.4.1028

MediaMonkey 4.1 Ventis Media Inc. 19/03/2015 54.2 MB 4.1

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 Microsoft Corporation 27/02/2014 38.8 MB 4.5.50938

Microsoft Office 2010 Microsoft Corporation 13/09/2013 8.37 MB 14.0.4763.1000

Microsoft OneDrive Microsoft Corporation 17/03/2015 30.6 MB 17.3.4726.0226

Microsoft Primary Interoperability Assemblies 2005 Microsoft Corporation 26/07/2011 7.75 MB 9.0.21022

Microsoft Security Essentials Microsoft Corporation 12/02/2015  4.7.205.0

Microsoft Silverlight Microsoft Corporation 25/07/2014 249 MB 5.1.30514.0

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition [ENU] Microsoft Corporation 26/07/2011 1.69 MB 3.1.0000

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Microsoft Corporation 13/11/2012 300 KB 8.0.61001

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.21022 Microsoft Corporation 28/11/2013 1.70 MB 9.0.21022

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.30729.17 Microsoft Corporation 26/07/2011 788 KB 9.0.30729

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.30729.6161 Microsoft Corporation 16/11/2012 788 KB 9.0.30729.6161

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.21022 Microsoft Corporation 17/03/2015 1.41 MB 9.0.21022

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17 Microsoft Corporation 26/07/2011 596 KB 9.0.30729

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.4148 Microsoft Corporation 26/07/2011 596 KB 9.0.30729.4148

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.6161 Microsoft Corporation 16/11/2012 600 KB 9.0.30729.6161

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x64 Redistributable - 10.0.40219 Microsoft Corporation 03/12/2013 13.8 MB 10.0.40219

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x86 Redistributable - 10.0.40219 Microsoft Corporation 03/12/2013 11.1 MB 10.0.40219

MiniAide Fat32 Formatter Home Edition version 1.05 MiniAide Tech Development Co., Ltd. 13/03/2015 13.2 MB 1.05

MiniTool Partition Wizard Free 9.0 MiniTool Solution Ltd. 15/03/2015 96.7 MB

MotioninJoy Gamepad tool 0.7.1001 www.motioninjoy.com 16/03/2015 3.89 MB 0.7.1001

Mozilla Firefox 37.0.1 (x86 en-US) Mozilla 05/04/2015 83.4 MB 37.0.1

Mozilla Maintenance Service Mozilla 18/05/2014 341 KB 29.0.1

MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB954430) Microsoft Corporation 16/11/2012 1.27 MB 4.20.9870.0

MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB973688) Microsoft Corporation 16/11/2012 1.33 MB 4.20.9876.0

Nero BackItUp 10 Nero AG 26/07/2011 114 MB 5.8.10900.8.100

Nero BurnRights 10 Nero AG 26/07/2011 6.14 MB 4.4.10400.2.100

Nero Express 10 Nero AG 26/07/2011 165 MB 10.6.10700.5.100

Nero InfoTool 10 Nero AG 26/07/2011 8.07 MB 7.4.10300.1.100

Nero Kwik Media Nero AG 26/07/2011 250 MB 1.6.15100.59.100

Nero Multimedia Suite 10 Essentials Nero AG 26/07/2011 846 MB 10.6.10300

Nero RescueAgent 10 Nero AG 26/07/2011 6.53 MB 3.6.10500.3.100

Nero StartSmart 10 Nero AG 26/07/2011 143 MB 10.6.10500.3.100

Nero Update Nero AG 26/07/2011 1.46 MB 1.0.10900.31.0

novaPDF 8 Printer Driver Softland 07/05/2014 35.9 MB 8.0.906

NVIDIA PhysX NVIDIA Corporation 23/08/2014 69.6 MB 9.12.1031

OpenAL  03/12/2013 

OpenOffice 4.0.1 Apache Software Foundation 19/04/2014 342 MB 4.01.9714

Paddy Power Poker  12/03/2015 

PlayReady PC Runtime amd64 Microsoft Corporation 26/07/2011 2.05 MB 1.3.0

PokerStars PokerStars 05/07/2013 

PokerTracker 4 (remove only)  31/12/2014 

PostgreSQL 9.0 PostgreSQL Global Development Group 31/12/2014  9.0

Potplayer-64 Bits Daum Kakao Corp. 01/02/2015 

Project 64 version 2.2.0.3  13/04/2015 8.40 MB 2.2.0.3

qBittorrent 3.1.12 The qBittorrent project 17/03/2015 46.4 MB 3.1.12

Realtek Ethernet Controller Driver For Windows 7 Realtek 16/11/2011  7.23.623.2010

Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Realtek Semiconductor Corp. 16/11/2011  6.0.1.6167

Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader Realtek Semiconductor Corp. 16/11/2011  6.1.7600.30111

Realtek WLAN Driver REALTEK Semiconductor Corp. 16/11/2011  2.00.0013

SDFormatter SD Association 18/03/2015 3.60 MB 4.0.0

Skype™ 6.11 Skype Technologies S.A. 05/03/2014 26.9 MB 6.11.102

Spotify Spotify AB 15/02/2015  0.9.15.27.g87efe634

Squishy the Suicidal Pig Tomi Maarela 01/01/2015 

Steam Valve Corporation 28/11/2013 

Super Hexagon Terry Cavanagh 03/12/2013 

Synaptics Pointing Device Driver Synaptics Incorporated 16/11/2011  15.0.8.1

TeraCopy 2.3 Code Sector 17/03/2015 7.22 MB

Toki Tori Two Tribes 03/12/2013 

TOSHIBA Assist TOSHIBA CORPORATION 26/07/2011  4.01.00

TOSHIBA Bulletin Board TOSHIBA Corporation 16/11/2011  2.1.10.64

TOSHIBA ConfigFree TOSHIBA CORPORATION 16/11/2011 90.7 MB 8.0.38

TOSHIBA Disc Creator TOSHIBA Corporation 16/11/2011 9.90 MB 2.1.0.2 for x64

TOSHIBA Face Recognition TOSHIBA Corporation 16/11/2011  3.1.3.64

TOSHIBA Flash Cards Support Utility TOSHIBA CORPORATION 16/11/2011 52.0 KB 1.63.0.11C

TOSHIBA Hardware Setup TOSHIBA CORPORATION 16/11/2011 12.0 MB 1.63.0.30C

TOSHIBA HDD/SSD Alert TOSHIBA Corporation 16/11/2011 39.1 MB 3.1.64.6

Toshiba Manuals TOSHIBA 26/07/2011  10.02

TOSHIBA Media Controller TOSHIBA CORPORATION 16/11/2011  1.0.80.8.64

TOSHIBA Media Controller Plug-in TOSHIBA CORPORATION 16/11/2011 4.88 MB 1.0.5.11

TOSHIBA Online Product Information TOSHIBA 26/07/2011  4.01.0000

TOSHIBA Places Icon Utility TOSHIBA 26/07/2011  1.0.2.4

TOSHIBA Recovery Media Creator TOSHIBA Corporation 26/07/2011 3.16 MB 2.1.0.5 x64

TOSHIBA Recovery Media Creator Reminder TOSHIBA 26/07/2011 460 KB 1.00.0019

TOSHIBA ReelTime TOSHIBA Corporation 16/11/2011  1.7.17.64

TOSHIBA Service Station TOSHIBA 21/03/2015  2.2.14

TOSHIBA Supervisor Password TOSHIBA CORPORATION 16/11/2011 1.94 MB 1.63.0.10C

TOSHIBA TEMPRO Toshiba Europe GmbH 26/07/2011 11.3 MB 3.35

TOSHIBA Value Added Package TOSHIBA Corporation 16/11/2011 80.0 MB 1.3.19.64

TOSHIBA Web Camera Application TOSHIBA Corporation 16/11/2011 65.3 MB 2.0.1.5

TOSHIBA Wireless LAN Indicator TOSHIBA CORPORATION 16/11/2011 5.08 MB 1.0.4

Trine Frozenbyte 03/12/2013 

TRORMCLauncher  16/11/2011 

VLC media player VideoLAN 19/10/2014  2.1.5

VSDC Free Video Editor version 2.2.1.317 Flash-Integro LLC 26/09/2014 87.2 MB 2.2.1.317

VVVVVV Terry Cavanagh 01/01/2015 

WBFS Manager 3.0 AlexDP 13/03/2015  3.0

WildTangent Games WildTangent 26/07/2011  1.0.2.5

WinDirStat 1.1.2  16/03/2015 

Windows Live Essentials Microsoft Corporation 26/07/2011  15.4.3538.0513

Windows Live Mesh ActiveX Control for Remote Connections Microsoft Corporation 26/07/2011 5.57 MB 15.4.5722.2

WinMerge 2.14.0 Thingamahoochie Software 17/03/2015 12.0 MB 2.14.0

WinRAR 5.21 (64-bit) win.rar GmbH 17/03/2015  5.21.0

World of Goo 2D BOY 03/12/2013 

#10 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,408 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2015 - 08:20 AM

Disable these Windows Startups: (In CCleaner, click on each item to highlight, then on the right choose Disable or Remove)

Yes HKCU:Run CCleaner Monitoring Piriform Ltd "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe" /MONITOR

Yes HKCU:Run F.lux Flux Software LLC "C:\Users\Home\AppData\Local\FluxSoftware\Flux\flux.exe" /noshow

Yes HKCU:Run Spotify Web Helper Spotify Ltd "C:\Users\Home\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\Data\SpotifyWebHelper.exe"

Yes HKLM:Run IgfxTray Intel Corporation C:\Windows\system32\igfxtray.exe

Yes HKLM:Run SunJavaUpdateSched Oracle Corporation "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"

Yes HKLM:Run Toshiba Registration Toshiba Europe GmbH C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Registration\ToshibaReminder.exe

Yes HKLM:Run Toshiba TEMPRO Toshiba Europe GmbH C:\Program Files (x86)\Toshiba TEMPRO\TemproTray.exe

Yes HKLM:Run ToshibaServiceStation TOSHIBA Corporation "C:\Program Files (x86)\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Service Station\ToshibaServiceStation.exe" /hide:60

Yes HKLM:Run TosNC TOSHIBA Corporation %ProgramFiles%\Toshiba\BulletinBoard\TosNcCore.exe

Yes Startup User Dropbox.lnk Dropbox, Inc. C:\Users\Home\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\Dropbox.exe

Disable these Tasks:

Yes    Task    Adobe Flash Player Updater    Adobe Systems Incorporated    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe
Yes    Task    CCleanerSkipUAC    Piriform Ltd    "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe" $(Arg0)
Yes    Task    doPDF Update        "C:\Program Files\Softland\novaPDF 8\Driver\UpdateApplication.exe" /oem=doPdf8_Softland /silent
Yes    Task    FacebookUpdateTaskUserS-1-5-21-3341394265-3329131283-3122543873-1000Core    Facebook Inc.    C:\Users\Home\AppData\Local\Facebook\Update\FacebookUpdate.exe /c /nocrashserver
Yes    Task    FacebookUpdateTaskUserS-1-5-21-3341394265-3329131283-3122543873-1000UA    Facebook Inc.    C:\Users\Home\AppData\Local\Facebook\Update\FacebookUpdate.exe /ua /installsource scheduler
Yes    Task    GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore        C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe /c
Yes    Task    GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA        C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe /ua /installsource scheduler
Yes    Task    Great Performance Ultimate        C:\Program Files (x86)\PrivateVPN\gpup.exe

Yes    Task    Megasoft Security Viewer        C:\Program Files (x86)\Megasoft Security\jptask.exe (Remove...not just disable)

Uninstall these programs:

Adobe Reader XI (11.0.10) Adobe Systems Incorporated 11/12/2014 184 MB 11.0.10 (Or update...Firefox has its own PDF reader)
Deluge 1.3.11  13/03/2015 (dangerous to use P2Ps for downloading free stuff)

ESET Online Scanner v3  13/04/2015

Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer Google Inc. 03/03/2015  7.5.6227.252

Google Update Helper  26/07/2011

Java™ 6 Update 20 Sun Microsystems, Inc. 26/07/2011 97.2 MB 6.0.200

Java™ 7 Update 5 (64-bit) Oracle 19/10/2014 95.0 MB 7.0.50

qBittorrent 3.1.12 The qBittorrent project 17/03/2015 46.4 MB 3.1.12 (dangerous to use P2Ps for downloading free stuff)

WildTangent Games WildTangent 26/07/2011  1.0.2.5

Windows Live Essentials Microsoft Corporation 26/07/2011  15.4.3538.0513

Windows Live Mesh ActiveX Control for Remote Connections Microsoft Corporation 26/07/2011 5.57 MB 15.4.5722

download MiniToolBox and run it.

Checkmark following boxes:

• Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List Winsock Entries

Click Go and post the result.

Edited by buddy215, 14 April 2015 - 09:20 AM.

#11 didsyturbo

didsyturbo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2015 - 01:53 PM

MiniToolBox

MiniToolBox by Farbar  Version: 14-04-2015

Ran by Home (administrator) on 14-04-2015 at 19:51:08

Running from "C:\Users\Home\Downloads\Setups"

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium  Service Pack 1 (X64)

Model: Satellite Pro C660 Manufacturer: TOSHIBA

Boot Mode: Normal

========================= IE Proxy Settings: ==============================

Proxy is not enabled.

No Proxy Server is set.

========================= FF Proxy Settings: ==============================

"network.proxy.type", 0

Hosts file not detected in the default directory

========================= IP Configuration: ================================

Realtek RTL8188CE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC = Wireless Network Connection (Connected)

Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller = Local Area Connection (Media disconnected)

# ----------------------------------

# IPv4 Configuration

# ----------------------------------

pushd interface ipv4

reset

set global icmpredirects=enabled

popd

# End of IPv4 configuration

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Home-TOSH

Primary Dns Suffix  . . . . . . . :

Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Mixed

IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8188CE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 74-DE-2B-B1-AD-26

DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::f102:235d:55db:f53e%14(Preferred)

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.2(Preferred)

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 14 April 2015 10:26:58

Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 15 April 2015 10:27:02

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 460643883

DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-16-55-1E-79-DC-0E-A1-34-76-41

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : DC-0E-A1-34-76-41

DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 11:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0

DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 9:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:90d7:cfe:1cb5:92b1:f075(Preferred)

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::cfe:1cb5:92b1:f075%12(Preferred)

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::

NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.{CD633638-8A75-4505-B512-82D6B98E9981}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 13:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft 6to4 Adapter

DNS request timed out.

timeout was 2 seconds.

Server:  UnKnown

Address:  192.168.1.1

Name:    google.com

Addresses:  2a00:1450:400b:c02::66

Pinging google.com [74.125.24.113] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 74.125.24.113: bytes=32 time=11ms TTL=50

Reply from 74.125.24.113: bytes=32 time=14ms TTL=50

Ping statistics for 74.125.24.113:

Packets: Sent = 2, Received = 2, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 11ms, Maximum = 14ms, Average = 12ms

DNS request timed out.

timeout was 2 seconds.

Server:  UnKnown

Address:  192.168.1.1

Name:    yahoo.com

Addresses:  206.190.36.45

Pinging yahoo.com [206.190.36.45] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 206.190.36.45: bytes=32 time=176ms TTL=49

Reply from 206.190.36.45: bytes=32 time=176ms TTL=49

Ping statistics for 206.190.36.45:

Minimum = 176ms, Maximum = 176ms, Average = 176ms

Pinging 127.0.0.1 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128

Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128

Ping statistics for 127.0.0.1:

Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

===========================================================================

Interface List

14...74 de 2b b1 ad 26 ......Realtek RTL8188CE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC

11...dc 0e a1 34 76 41 ......Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller

1...........................Software Loopback Interface 1

16...00 00 00 00 00 00 00 e0 Microsoft ISATAP Adapter

12...00 00 00 00 00 00 00 e0 Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

15...00 00 00 00 00 00 00 e0 Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

13...00 00 00 00 00 00 00 e0 Microsoft 6to4 Adapter

IPv4 Route Table

Active Routes:

Network Destination        Netmask          Gateway       Interface  Metric

0.0.0.0          0.0.0.0      192.168.1.1      192.168.1.2     25

127.0.0.0        255.0.0.0         On-link         127.0.0.1    306

127.0.0.1  255.255.255.255         On-link         127.0.0.1    306

127.255.255.255  255.255.255.255         On-link         127.0.0.1    306

192.168.1.0    255.255.255.0         On-link       192.168.1.2    281

192.168.1.2  255.255.255.255         On-link       192.168.1.2    281

192.168.1.255  255.255.255.255         On-link       192.168.1.2    281

224.0.0.0        240.0.0.0         On-link         127.0.0.1    306

224.0.0.0        240.0.0.0         On-link       192.168.1.2    281

255.255.255.255  255.255.255.255         On-link         127.0.0.1    306

255.255.255.255  255.255.255.255         On-link       192.168.1.2    281

Persistent Routes:

None

IPv6 Route Table

Active Routes:

If Metric Network Destination      Gateway

12     58 ::/0                     On-link

1    306 ::1/128                  On-link

12     58 2001::/32                On-link

12    306 2001:0:9d38:90d7:cfe:1cb5:92b1:f075/128

On-link

14    281 fe80::/64                On-link

12    306 fe80::/64                On-link

12    306 fe80::cfe:1cb5:92b1:f075/128

On-link

14    281 fe80::f102:235d:55db:f53e/128

On-link

1    306 ff00::/8                 On-link

12    306 ff00::/8                 On-link

14    281 ff00::/8                 On-link

Persistent Routes:

None

========================= Winsock entries =====================================

Catalog5 01 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\NLAapi.dll [52224] (Microsoft Corporation)

Catalog5 02 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\napinsp.dll [52224] (Microsoft Corporation)

Catalog5 03 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\pnrpnsp.dll [65024] (Microsoft Corporation)

Catalog5 04 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\pnrpnsp.dll [65024] (Microsoft Corporation)

Catalog5 05 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [231424] (Microsoft Corporation)

Catalog5 06 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\winrnr.dll [20992] (Microsoft Corporation)

Catalog9 01 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [231424] (Microsoft Corporation)

Catalog9 02 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [231424] (Microsoft Corporation)

Catalog9 03 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [231424] (Microsoft Corporation)

Catalog9 04 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [231424] (Microsoft Corporation)

Catalog9 05 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [231424] (Microsoft Corporation)

Catalog9 06 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [231424] (Microsoft Corporation)

Catalog9 07 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [231424] (Microsoft Corporation)

Catalog9 08 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [231424] (Microsoft Corporation)

Catalog9 09 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [231424] (Microsoft Corporation)

Catalog9 10 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [231424] (Microsoft Corporation)

x64-Catalog5 01 C:\Windows\System32\NLAapi.dll [70656] (Microsoft Corporation)

x64-Catalog5 02 C:\Windows\System32\napinsp.dll [68096] (Microsoft Corporation)

x64-Catalog5 03 C:\Windows\System32\pnrpnsp.dll [86016] (Microsoft Corporation)

x64-Catalog5 04 C:\Windows\System32\pnrpnsp.dll [86016] (Microsoft Corporation)

x64-Catalog5 05 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [327168] (Microsoft Corporation)

x64-Catalog5 06 C:\Windows\System32\winrnr.dll [28672] (Microsoft Corporation)

x64-Catalog9 01 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [327168] (Microsoft Corporation)

x64-Catalog9 02 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [327168] (Microsoft Corporation)

x64-Catalog9 03 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [327168] (Microsoft Corporation)

x64-Catalog9 04 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [327168] (Microsoft Corporation)

x64-Catalog9 05 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [327168] (Microsoft Corporation)

x64-Catalog9 06 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [327168] (Microsoft Corporation)

x64-Catalog9 07 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [327168] (Microsoft Corporation)

x64-Catalog9 08 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [327168] (Microsoft Corporation)

x64-Catalog9 09 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [327168] (Microsoft Corporation)

x64-Catalog9 10 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [327168] (Microsoft Corporation)

**** End of log ****

#12 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,408 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2015 - 02:07 PM

Is the computer performing up to par....as expected?

I prefer keeping Windows automatic updating disabled. You should check today for updates for both Windows 7 and Adobe Flash. Critical

updates were released today for both.

#13 didsyturbo

didsyturbo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2015 - 03:13 PM

it seems to be so far, i havent got the 'websecuritytask' message yet today, i assume it was the megasoft security program causing that problem? yea so i should just check weekly for windows updates and do it manually from now on? is it ok to enable microsoft security essentials again by the way?

Edited by didsyturbo, 14 April 2015 - 03:14 PM.

#14 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,408 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2015 - 05:38 PM

Sure, reenable essentials.  As far as updating, 2nd Tuesday of each month as you probably know is still Update Tuesday..

Of course, Flash is very important to keep updated. Java is often the target of malware too, if it is not up to date. Actually, most don't

even need Java. Unless you play a game requiring Java, or if you don't know if Java is required for another program, then just uninstall

and if one of your programs or games needs Java it will alert you to install Java.

#15 didsyturbo

didsyturbo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2015 - 06:02 PM

i actually only installed java again about a month ago after not having it for a long time, but anyway thanks for everything, all seems to be fine here at the moment and that was very easy to follow start to finish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users