Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wyldjkr69

wyldjkr69

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 01 July 2006 - 11:14 PM

my mouse stoppedd working all of a sudden. i have tried 5 different mice and none work. in the devices there is no mouse. also on start up it says no plug in.
i also had the same exact problem on my win/98 but that one started working all of a sudden.

also my windows update wont work. i go to the web site and it checks my computer and thats it.it stops on me.

Edited by wyldjkr69, 01 July 2006 - 11:18 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 DaveM59

DaveM59

Bleepin' Grandpa

• Members
  • 1,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 PM

Posted 02 July 2006 - 08:49 AM

Are these 5 that you have tried, all PS2 mice -- the type with the round connector plug? And do they work in other computers? If so you most likely have a hardware problem with your motherboard PS2 socket. Easiest workaround is to go with a USB mouse.

#3 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 PM

Posted 02 July 2006 - 11:16 AM

And many mice come with an adapter to switch between USB or PS/2. I use the same mice with desktops and laptops, just removing the plug for USB. Some new computers (Dell) come with only USB ports - no PS/2.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users