Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

File Zilla and rTorrent

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Pestyone

Pestyone

• Members
  • 315 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 12 April 2015 - 11:01 PM

Hi can I get some help here on File Zilla and rTorrent here or is asking for help with zilla and rTorrent a huge

No No here .      I read how you choose never to help with some softwares so asking first  : )

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 PM

Posted 13 April 2015 - 01:06 AM

Hello there,

We do not help with torrent software only if it is used for piracy, and you are advised to uninstall it during clean up of an infected machine.

You can see Bleeping Computer's forum rules here.

Regards,
Alex

#3 Pestyone

Pestyone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 315 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2015 - 01:30 AM

Ok good I asked should have known you hated filezilla and rtorrent  i'll ask at other sites .  :  (

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,545 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2015 - 07:39 AM

We can assist you with FileZilla, since it's only a legitimate FTP program after all, but not rTorrent.

Edit: On a side note, what was your question on rTorrent? If it's regarding the installation or configuration, I guess we can answer that. If it's to download copyrighted content, then we can't. After all, there's still legitimate usage to torrent clients.

Edited by Aura., 13 April 2015 - 07:57 AM.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 brainout

brainout

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 AM

Posted 27 June 2015 - 01:02 PM

We can assist you with FileZilla, since it's only a legitimate FTP program after all, but not rTorrent.

Edit: On a side note, what was your question on rTorrent? If it's regarding the installation or configuration, I guess we can answer that. If it's to download copyrighted content, then we can't. After all, there's still legitimate usage to torrent clients.

Okay, that brings up a question in my mind.  I've always stayed away from Torrent for the reasons you stated.  But it's frequently included in Linux distros, viz Mint 17 and PCLinuxOS .  When does it make sense to use Torrent? IF you do not want to answer this question, feel free to delete my post.  I'm totally ignorant of Torrent, but see it so often when looking at distro mirror sites, I was curious.  Thank you for your time!

(Away, Notifications Off) AUDIT PREMISES, my guidon.  -- brainout or brainouty on vimeo or Youtube, domain brainout.net

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,545 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2015 - 01:03 PM

It makes sense to use torrents when you want to download really big files (like Linux .iso) on a limited/slow Internet connection so manage your allocated speed (download/upload) and bandwitdh.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#7 brainout

brainout

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 AM

Posted 27 June 2015 - 02:47 PM

It makes sense to use torrents when you want to download really big files (like Linux .iso) on a limited/slow Internet connection so manage your allocated speed (download/upload) and bandwitdh.

So that's a valid usage.  Okay, will learn about it, then. I don't have slow or limited internet but someone might ask me about it, someday.  Thank you!!

(Away, Notifications Off) AUDIT PREMISES, my guidon.  -- brainout or brainouty on vimeo or Youtube, domain brainout.net

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,545 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2015 - 02:48 PM

No problem, you're welcome!

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users