Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Having Various Issues Suddenly The Past Month

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SoXfused

SoXfused

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 AM

Posted 12 April 2015 - 02:41 PM

For the past month, my Windows 8.1 HP Pavilion Laptop (barely 2 years old) has been having 3 different strange issues out of nowhere and I don't know why (and I've done full scans with my anti-virus and Malwarebytes and they've come up clean).  Here are the issues:

1.  Every time my computer tries to do Windows Updates, it will download the updates and then try to install, and then I get a message saying, "We couldn't install the updates.  Undoing Changes."  I've even tried using the Windows Update Troubleshooter tool on Microsoft's website, and even after using that it didn't fix the problem.  So I don't know what else to do.

2.  When ever I right click on a file, it will hang for about 10 second before it gives me the menu (the properties, copy, cut, delete, rename, etc. menu).  It is really a pain and I have no idea what's causing this.

3.  I have a program called quietHDD that I launch every time I start up my computer.  It always used to stay launched and the icon would stay on my taskbar until I shut down my computer, but lately the program will disappear from the taskbar and close down after a few minutes.  I've never had problems with this program before, and I have no idea why it's just shutting down out of nowhere. 

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do to fix these problems?   Thanks for your help in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SoXfused

SoXfused
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2015 - 05:30 PM

Bump

#3 SoXfused

SoXfused
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2015 - 05:26 PM

Wow, 10 days later and STILL nobody is willing to help? :o   I've never had it take this long to get help on here (which I always very much appreciate).  Am I posting in the wrong forum or something? :unsure:

#4 JimmyKarter

JimmyKarter

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:16 PM

XD

Probably because some of us have no idea what to do.

Try MS forums. They have professionals browsing, who have diagnostic tools up their sleeves and stuff like that.

But as for what you can do, what does Taskmanager say at startup? Disk usage? CPU, networks? Virus?

#5 justinkemp99

justinkemp99

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 24 April 2015 - 01:07 AM

1. These are generic errors that might appear any time a Windows update fails. To fix this problem, the new updates need to be uninstalled.

Get into advanced start-up settings, enable safe mode, and then uninstall the guilty updates

2.  Uninstall all temp file and unwanted programs from your PC. Open the Windows Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Ecs. Click on the processes tab and you'll see a list of every bit of active code. Check your PC memory status if it is short of memory as this can influence the overall performance of your PC. You can download cloud based antivirus solution like Immunet and Avira, to boost up your PC Speed and to protect your PC from virus.

3. For errors related quietHDD your can refer http://www.fixerrorhelps.com/fix-pc-error/how-to-fix-quietHDD.exe-error.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users