Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue screen >Bad Pool Header< Start up repair couldnt fix. PLEASE HELP

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Happyjack1981

Happyjack1981

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 12 April 2015 - 01:36 PM

Hello and thx for your time.  I have a Toshiba Satellite C55-B5298

windows 8.1

and I got a brue screen saying Bad Pool Header

log file : c:\windows\system32\log files\srt\srttrail.txt

when blue screen happened, the pc started to try and automatic repair.  then rebooted itself.  which took a very long time for the pc to load back up.  the 1st time the pc did load back into windows but any thing i clicked on either would take extremely long time to load if it even loaded at all.

Now the pc wont log load up windows.  When i turn it on it just stays on the toshiba screen which is the 1st screen that pops up and the little hourglass thing spins .  and never loads into windows.I believe whatr happenedafter a while of this the the pc screen just goes dark. 

I attempted a to use a restore point by tapping F12 repeatedly .  this did take me into the restore / recovery menu.  I pressed the necessary buttons to bring up restore prompt.  but the pc hour glass spinned awhile and eventually the screen when dark and it never loaded into windows.   Can you please help me fix this problem.

Thank you Happyjack1981

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Happyjack1981

Happyjack1981
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2015 - 01:48 PM

I forgot to mention something.  I use AVG as an antivirus, and there is a fix performance button thats suppose to speed up your pc when its running slow.  I have been using avg and this fix performance button on both of my laptops for a couple months now with no issues.  I used the fix performance on My samsung laptop just last night and it ran the same as it ever has.   But before I started  having problem on my Toshiba.  I had clicked on the fix performance button in avg and it said something like...  I dont remember exact words but it said that this fix performance is no longer part of the free avg and that I needed to down load this program seperately.  and I did. which turned into a big ordeal. pc tune up thing and then wanted me to buy it.  I never got that prompt on the samsung.

#3 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 18,781 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 AM

Posted 13 April 2015 - 02:15 PM

Are you able to boot into Safe Mode? The links below contains information that will help you boot in a such mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/#windows8
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/start-windows-8-in-safe-mode/

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @AuraTheWhiteHat
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#4 Happyjack1981

Happyjack1981
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2015 - 02:20 PM

thank you for the response.  Im not sure if i can but

I will check those out and give it a try 

thank you

#5 Happyjack1981

Happyjack1981
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:02 PM

no Im not able to turn on safe mode because im not able to get into windows to do it.  i can however get into windows recovery mode by holding down "0" and powering on the laptop.     I just turned on the pc to see if It would open windows so that i could attempted the process of turning on safe mode.  the toshiba icon was on the screen. at bottom of screen it read attempting automatic repair.  and after about 2min my screen went blank and thats where its at now.  still blank screen but the power is on. it didnt turn off

#6 Happyjack1981

Happyjack1981
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:18 PM

correction.   I am able to get into the Hard drive recovery process by holding '0' and powering on. when i click yes to confirm. toshiba icon pops up hourglass spins and says please wait, after about 1min of what seems to be loading the screen goes blank and stays there.....

#7 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 18,781 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2015 - 04:11 PM

I would leave it at the blank screen stage for around 15 minutes, just to see if it's working in the background or not.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @AuraTheWhiteHat
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#8 Happyjack1981

Happyjack1981
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2015 - 04:16 PM

i didnt touch anything. its been about 1 hour.

its just a blank screen still...

Edited by Happyjack1981, 13 April 2015 - 04:18 PM.

#9 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 18,781 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2015 - 04:21 PM

Alright, let's try something. Turn off your laptop, remove the battery and disconnect the charger. Press on the power button for 30 seconds, hold it still. Once done, plug the charger (do NOT put the battery in) and start your laptop. Try to go throught the same processes again, do you still get a blank screen?

unite_blue.png

#10 Happyjack1981

Happyjack1981
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2015 - 04:35 PM

ok so 1st a window popped up rtc battery  is low press enter.  (I Did) and now I am at Toshiba setup utility

#11 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 18,781 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2015 - 04:40 PM

Alright, what options do you have in there?

unite_blue.png

#12 Happyjack1981

Happyjack1981
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2015 - 04:50 PM

MAIN

SEcurity

power management

advanced

exit

[F1] help

[F9] setup defaults

[F10] Save and exit

[Esc] Close

#13 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 18,781 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2015 - 04:51 PM

This is your BIOS then. Just press F10 to "Save and Exit" and let it reboot normally, see if it boots in Windows.

unite_blue.png

#14 Happyjack1981

Happyjack1981
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2015 - 04:58 PM

it says preparing automatic repair.    for about 45 sec.   and now the screen went blank again like before. 

#15 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 18,781 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2015 - 04:59 PM

Do you have your original Windows 8/8.1 installation media? DVD, USB?

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users