Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC boots, shows bios, but "no signal" when going into Windows

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 gostoppable

gostoppable

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 AM

Posted 12 April 2015 - 08:34 AM

The computer boots up, I can access the UEFI bios and everything before but as soon as I try to let it go into windows, the point where the login screen usually opens up... instead it just blanks out and states no signal on my display.

I just refilled my watercooling loop and everything was working fine prior to this, I was worried that I did something to the video card but I dont think that would be the case since the display its connected to shows the post screen and the UEFI bios.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 12 April 2015 - 02:05 PM

The BIOS and Safe Mode both use a different graphics driver than the one used in normal operation.

Boot into Safe Mode and see if the problem persists.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 gostoppable

gostoppable
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2015 - 02:55 PM

Tried what u suggested and booted perfectly into safe mode. What now?

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2015 - 03:00 PM

Were there any of the original problems?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 gostoppable

gostoppable
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2015 - 03:40 PM

There was no problem, I got onto the login screen from safe and logged in. However the resolution was super low. 

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2015 - 04:01 PM

That's normal.  Safe Mode uses a native Windows graphics driver, not the graphics driver used normally.  This is why the pictures looks like a cartoon image.

#7 gostoppable

gostoppable
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:17 PM

That's normal.  Safe Mode uses a native Windows graphics driver, not the graphics driver used normally.  This is why the pictures looks like a cartoon image.

Ok so what do I do to be able to fix my normal boot into windows? Can we rule out that it's not the graphics card since my display is connected to that?

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:26 PM

If you can boot into Safe Mode and it works, this means that the graphics is working properly.  This also indicates that you have a problem with the graphics driver.

#9 gostoppable

gostoppable
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:58 PM

Alright so ill try to uninstall and reinstall the driver

#10 gostoppable

gostoppable
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:58 AM

Ok, So I went into safe mode, removed the old driver, restarted, and the PC boots up into windows however, the screen goes black after a random amount of seconds. So I booted back into safe mode and installed the driver again, and restarted the computer. The problem still persists and the PC doesnt show windows on the screen.

:/

#11 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:00 AM

Open Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc and uninstall the graphic card from Device Manager. If problem still persist then perform a clean boot state to find out if any startup programs or services causing the problem.

Posted Image

#12 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:43 AM

FreeBooter suggested uninstalling the graphics card, but I suspect they meant the driver as you can't uninstall the card without physically removing it.  Most computers now have graphics which depend on drivers provided by the manufacturer of the card/chip.  If this is the case  here, you will need to know the make and model of the graphics card.

Boot into Safe Mode with Networking and do the following.

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

#13 gostoppable

gostoppable
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2015 - 10:11 AM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/0tChyhQQ4HdkxZCGQAkk6Yw

#14 gostoppable

gostoppable
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2015 - 10:13 AM

Also, the video card does not show in that program, and I cant see the temps of it. I guess because I cant install the driver without the screen going black. And the screen just went black when I was inside the UEFI a moment ago, first time its done that.

however the card i have installed is an AMD r9 295x2

Edited by gostoppable, 13 April 2015 - 10:42 AM.

#15 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2015 - 12:10 PM

The Speccy is showing only the integrated graphics on the motherboard.  It is not showing the AMD dedicated card.  Because it is not being recognized I have to assume that there is a problem with it.  It could be a connectivity issue, a power plug issue, or the card could have failed.

This motherboard should automatically switch between the integrated and dedicated graphics.  But you should look in the user manual for your motherboard to make sure this is accurate.

It would have made things a lot easier if you had provided the information in your last post at the beginning.

Edited by dc3, 13 April 2015 - 12:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users