Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP Pro SP3 Administrators

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 timw128

timw128

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 AM

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:27 AM

Hello- Haven't been here in a while. I have a machine (XP Professional SP3 x86) that I use for certain things and I have an issue with the User Accounts.

There are 2 Administrator Accounts and I would like to get rid of one. Way back when I installed the OS I gave it a hidden Administrator Password but have long since forgotten it. 

In Control Panel>User Accounts, I have one Account showing 'TimTim's 'Puter (Computer administrator)

PLEASE NOTE ATTACHED .zip 'ControlPanelUA' Attached File  ControlPanelUA.zip   17.71KB   0 downloads

In My Computer>Manage>Computer Management>Local Users and Groups>Users, there are 'Administrator' and 

'Tim Whalen' accounts.

PLEASE NOTE ATTACHED .zip 'CompMan' Attached File  CompMan.zip   34.93KB   0 downloads

In My Computer>Local Disk C:>Docs & Sttgs, there exists 'Administrator', 'Administrator.TIMWHALEN', and

'Tim Whalen'. These Accounts have varying degrees of data in them, so I don't know which to combine or delete.

PLEASE NOTE ATTACHED .zip 'D&S' Attached File  D&S.zip   23.23KB   1 downloads

I believe some time ago I ran 'control userpasswords2' and nullified the hidden Admin password that was assigned at the

point of the OS install. Not sure, though.

PLEASE NOTE ATTACHED .zip 'CUP2' Attached File  CUP2.zip   25.18KB   1 downloads

Could some one please be kind enough to help me get this straightened out?... It most certainly would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance-

tim

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 12 April 2015 - 12:22 PM

The Adminstrator account should not be visible normally...but you've been fiddling around with it, so that may be the reason why it shows.

Worth reading:  https://techjourney.net/unhide-the-administrator-account-in-windows-xp/

Is your Guest user account disabled?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users