Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hijackthis log shows many missing files, but CBS log does not mention an of them

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Hollowman4

Hollowman4

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 11 April 2015 - 08:27 PM

I just ran a Hijackthis scan, and it lists many missing files. I ran a sfc /scannow and the cbs log doesn't seem to show any of these items as missing. The CBS log does show that my tcpmon.ini file is corrupted and cannot be repaired. I would really appreciate any kind of help in this matter. I have posted here before, and the moderator did a great job. I am hoping that someone could take a look at the hijackthis log and let me know what you think. Should I be worried? Is this a common problem with hijackthis.. maybe the program is misinterpreting some of the applications and processes.

My computer is a Dell Inspiron 400

My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium from 2009.

My current security programs are: Kaspersky Total Security 2015, Malwarebytes Anti malware, tdsskiller, ccleaner, CCE with kill switch and autorun scanner, MBAR, Revo uninstaller, Tweaking-all in one windows repair tool.

I am wondering if any or all of these programs have played a hand in deleting any of the "missing" files, or the corrupted file "tcpmon.ini."

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Hollowman4

Hollowman4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 11 April 2015 - 08:49 PM

I apologize if I posted this in the wrong forum topic. I don't know how to delete this or move it to the right forum. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 12 April 2015 - 12:35 AM

As you have another topic here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/572960/many-missing-files-in-hijackthis-scan-doenst-show-in-cbs-logs/

I will close this one.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users