Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Issue with Burning data on a blue ray dvd (Data)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Robs2014

Robs2014

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 11 April 2015 - 06:40 PM

I have Windows Vista 64bit using a Pioneer Model BDR-2209 DVD burner, and I am using Optical Quantum 50GB 6X BD-R DL media. I have copied over 28gb of data files to burn to the dvd then selected burn files to disc, and it runs for a while and stops saying there is not enough free space on the disc. I know it has 46gb free on the dvd so why is this happening? I even tried to use an old copy of nero version 9 and It it starts to burn then gives me an error and stops. Can some please help me here, I would like to backup my 28gb's of data to a 50gb dvd.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 15 April 2015 - 05:25 PM

Your drive is designed for Blue-ray and Vista so there is no problem there.

The fact that the burner runs for a while then says there is not enough free space suggests that whatever burner you are using is trying to write a DVD (4.6GB) or a CD (7-800MB). Two possibilities here. One is that the burner is not capable of burning blue-rays or that it is not being set to blue-ray as the destination. I have Nero 9 myself but it is not available to me at the moment so I can't check if it can handle blue-rays or not.

Since your drive is compatible with Vista it is the burner you are using that I would look at.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users