Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

newegg.com question - Can you buy warranty after you bough the product?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CalusBlade

CalusBlade

• Members
  • 538 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 11 April 2015 - 04:26 PM

This is a "just in case" since I believe they sent me a defective product and they don't give me my money back.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:35 AM

A "Just in case" option should never be needed if the product has "any warranty with purchase". A warranty with purchase overrides all other warranty..

You may only need a docket or similar (I keep mine) but also check their web site for conditions ..

By this I mean, if there is a warranty of any type provided when sold, then this is the Minimum warranty provided for you.

In Australia there is an "Ombudsman's office" that looks after these things if you make your claim "within the warranty time" (ASAP) and the company will not honor that warranty.

Any "After the fact" warranty would generally be useless as you need to prove 110% that it was faulty prior to you purchasing the product .. Once you accept and fit the product (RAM, Graphics card, Mobo, etc), you need to be able to have a person from the shop to reply.

If it is a high price item, always keep dockets, or just hope it is OK and be prepared to suffer the outcome.

I will check Newegg and post an EDIT back here -

EDIT -

Not a lawyer, but only personal opinions .........

Products - Newegg.com or else Extended Warranty - Newegg.com

There seems to be a "general" 30 day warranty ......

Just from Google (and there is heaps)

Hope it helps -

Edited by noknojon, 12 April 2015 - 05:52 AM.

#3 Newegg_Support

Newegg_Support

Authorized Newegg Rep

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 13 April 2015 - 10:28 AM

Hi CalusBlade,

If you did receive a defective product from a recent purchase with us we would be more than happy to assist at wecare@newegg.com.

Thank you!

Newegg Support

-David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users