Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

*Security at risk* Pop up asking to call 844-522-7881

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 d25catz

d25catz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 11 April 2015 - 03:39 PM

I would like to know what to do. I am using Win 8.1, when it popped up I was on a cost basis tools website & clicked on 'get latest version' (so stupid) the pop up window won't close but I moved it aside and had AVG antivirus free scan computer with no result and Malware Bytes didn't find anything either. About a minute after I figured out what happened I unplugged the Internet cable from the computer and grabbed my iPad to get online and started trying to figure out what to do. I haven't made it very far - I haven't found a description of what popped up anywhere.

At the header of the pop up window it says Message from webpage, since disconnecting the Internet it just keeps trying to connect the address in the address bar which is http://googleonline.com/winpop.htm I don't use google I use bing for homepage and search. I'm sure I am forgetting an important detail or two but I am a little freaked I was in the middle of doing my taxes when it popped up.

In the body of the pop up it says:
Warning!

Security system detected unauthorised (misspelled like that) access on your browser.
System may be infected.
Please call 1-844-522-7881 (Toll Free) for immediate support!

Possible network damages if potential viruses are not removed immediately:
UNKNOWN

DATA EXPOSED TO POSSIBLE RISK:
.Your credit card details and banking information
.Your email passwords and other account passwords
.Your Facebook, Skype, AIM, ICQ, and other chat logs
.Your private photos, family photos and other sensitive files
.Your webcam could be accessed remotely by stalkers with a VPN virus

MORE ABOUT THE VIRUS:
Seeing these pop-up's means that you may have a virus installed on your computer which puts the security of your personal data at a serious risk. It's strongly advised that you call the number above and get your computer inspected before you continue using your internet, especially for shopping.

Call immediately for assistance on how to perform your check. Contact Customer Support at 1-844-522-7881 (Toll Free)

And the Internet page behind the popup has the Norton by Symantec logo on the left bottom and on the right bottom Symantec Registered Partner & Certified Service Provider that looks cut and pasted together.
I am tempted to call just to see what they say but it won't do me any good I'm sure.

Thank you in advance for any help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jlewis590

jlewis590

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2015 - 04:54 PM

I too got the same pop up today. I was on my blackberry searching bing for a wiring diagram. http://www.platformusers.net/rt/goodman-condenser-unit-wiring-diagram I also used my virus scan Max mobile (most popular for blackberry) and found nothing. Please help.

#3 jlewis590

jlewis590

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2015 - 06:57 PM

I googled the number and I get pcsolutionservices.com offering that number in the the search discription. Also helplinemarketing.com with quotes from the pop up in the description. Has anyone heard of these 2 sites. I'm too scared to click them to see if they have info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users