Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 files/folder text issue that is driving me crazy! Help!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 phil0sophy

phil0sophy

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 11 April 2015 - 02:08 PM

Posted this over at seven forums as well and was hoping I could get some help here on the issue (nobody has responded there yet)

I know this is going to sound odd, I don't know if this is an issue that has been there all along or something that has just popped up, either way I haven't noticed it before and was hoping someone could help me with it.

Untitled.jpg

As you can see the "il" is highlighted orange, this only happens on files or folders in windows, not on any other program.

It either has to be an "il" followed by another letter or just "lll" whenever that combination happens I have a bunch of files and folders text highlighted orange.

I have googled and looked everywhere to see what could be causing this but no answer, so, I am hoping you guys/girls can help me?

I just want to know if I have accidently enabled some feature in windows or how I stop this from happening?

Many thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 671 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2015 - 02:57 PM

Try clicking the Start orb, typing in [b]cleartype, then clicking (and running) the "Adjust Cleartype text" link that appears.

#3 phil0sophy

phil0sophy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2015 - 03:21 PM

SpywareDoc, on 11 Apr 2015 - 8:57 PM, said:SpywareDoc, on 11 Apr 2015 - 8:57 PM, said:

Try clicking the Start orb, typing in [b]cleartype, then clicking (and running) the "Adjust Cleartype text" link that appears.

Nevermind, it did work, thank you so much!

Edited by phil0sophy, 11 April 2015 - 03:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users