Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My laptop keeps restarting randomly, HELP!!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 xZShootZx

xZShootZx

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 11 April 2015 - 12:21 PM

Mod Edit:  Merged topics - Hamluis.

Recently I cleaned out my entire computer to factory settings cause it was giving me tons of problems, such as slowing down, not being able to handle HD quality on youtube videos, etc.  I backed up all my important files and got them back on.  Recently, my laptop, which is a Windows 7 Dell Inspiron 1545, keeps restarting itself randomly.  My laptop usually lasts for a good 30 minutes or so, then restarts by itself.  I tried scanning my computer using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and other programs, but its not finding anything.  Can anyone tell me what the problem might be and how can I fix it? My dad, who works with computers, says it could be a hardware problem, but I wanted to ask more people here. Please help me. Thank you in advance

Edited by hamluis, 11 April 2015 - 03:05 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Tenis

Tenis

Bleepin' FX

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 1,286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 11 April 2015 - 12:37 PM

Over heating problem maybe.

#3 wherestheswitch

wherestheswitch

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 11 April 2015 - 01:09 PM

You could possibly rule out Overheating by checking the temps. I use a program called Speccy.

#4 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 688 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 11 April 2015 - 03:02 PM

Same problem with a different mouse?

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 PM

Posted 11 April 2015 - 03:07 PM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users