Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connected to router, but internet access randomly shuts off.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Coolos

Coolos

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 AM

Posted 11 April 2015 - 09:50 AM

Hey guys, I have had a recent problem with a new xfinity router I just got where my Inspiron computer running Windows 7 is connected to the router, but says no internet access. This happens often when I am browsing the web or watching a video, but not so much when I am not using the internet. The problem fixes itself usually in about 1 minute or so, or I can disconnect and reconnect to the router to fix it. I also have a problem where my laptop disconnects from the router every time I shut the case. Neither of these seem to happen on other devices connected to the router. Thanks for all comments. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Coolos

Coolos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 AM

Posted 11 April 2015 - 02:33 PM

Another thing that seems to be happening is, after I do shut the laptop, when I open it again a little popup shows up in the bottom left saying that no network adapter can be found, and the network thing on the taskbar says no network connections can be found. This goes away after maybe 2 seconds or so.

Edited by Coolos, 11 April 2015 - 02:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users