Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 7 perpetual repair loop

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rocketpants

rocketpants

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 PM

Posted 11 April 2015 - 08:33 AM

from a Google search in know quite a few people have had this problem with the System repair. wondering what I can put into the command prompt to simply wipe the operating system & save me buying a new hard drive ..
X:\windows\system32> thats what I get & cannot alter it, what can ifollow it with to format the drive ?? , ive tried everything else, nothing works .. Thanks in advance ..
user_offline.gif

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 PM

Posted 11 April 2015 - 10:31 AM

Since you need a Win 7 install disk to do a clean install...inserting that after changing the BIOS boot option...should enable a clean install of Win 7.

If you can't get into BIOS to change the boot options...I suggest using the either motherboard jumper to short the CMOS battery or removing the battery for a few minutes and then reinserting...this should reset the CMOS settings and break the loop, IMO.

Louis

Of course...if your hard drive IS the problem, all of your efforts to avoid replacing the current drive...will be in vain.

Edited by hamluis, 11 April 2015 - 10:33 AM.

#3 rocketpants

rocketpants
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 PM

Posted 11 April 2015 - 03:20 PM

I did indeed remove the Battery & that did the trick !... Thank you once again Louis.

Edited by hamluis, 11 April 2015 - 04:14 PM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 PM

Posted 11 April 2015 - 04:16 PM

Happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users