Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem With Ie Saving Images

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kchaple

kchaple

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 AM

Posted 01 July 2006 - 07:31 PM

This seems like it should be an easy fix. Say I go to Yahoo image search and get a list of results. I see one I like and click on it, then View Image next to the preview. If I right-click and "Save Image as..." it ALWAYS has it as .bmp by default and gives it the default name of "untitled". Obviously the image is not a .bmp file but it doesn't let me save it otherwise. I'm tired of having to copy and paste the image's link into Netscape or Firefox just to save it. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Kevin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Ronbo

Ronbo

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 AM

Posted 01 July 2006 - 08:01 PM

Hi kchaple, :thumbsup: to BC

Sounds like you need to clean your temporary internet files. The behavior you are describing is what happens when your temporary internet folder is full. Go to Tools and on the drop down menu select Internet Options. On the General Tab in the Temporary Internet files section click the Delete files button then place a check mark in the Delete all offline content box and click the OK button. You may also want to clean out any old cookies while you are cleaning the rest of your cache.
There is no justice, there is just us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users