Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Newegg - Returning: Anyone returned anything to newegg before?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CalusBlade

CalusBlade

• Members
  • 538 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 PM

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:42 PM

Do I use the same box they ship to me or it doesn't matter?  I believe the video card I've bought is defective.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_JWebb_*

Guest_JWebb_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:55 PM

Go online and ask for a RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization?).  They will authorize the return without hesitation.

You will need to include this documentation with the returned hardware.

As long as it arrives safely (I wouldn't put a video card in an unpadded envelope) they don't care how it's packed.

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 11 April 2015 - 08:03 AM

Make sure you use a return method that allows you track the return.

You can track the status online. When it has been received by Newegg, print out the tracking page.

Yes, you can use the same box as long as the address and other labels have been removed or taped over with the new shipping label.

It really doesn't matter what box you use to send it back.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 11 April 2015 - 08:05 AM.

#4 Newegg_Support

Newegg_Support

Authorized Newegg Rep

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 PM

Posted 12 April 2015 - 01:28 PM

Do I use the same box they ship to me or it doesn't matter?  I believe the video card I've bought is defective.

Hi CalusBlade,

I'm so sorry to hear that the video card you have is defective. I would be more than happy to help with the RMA process.

You will need to ship back the item, retail box, and any accessories that came with the video card. Please email us with your order number at wecare@newegg.com so I can get your started!

-Mike (Newegg Support)

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 PM

Posted 13 April 2015 - 01:15 AM

This post will over-ride your other post, as Newegg Support has already replied.

I believe they are generally an honest company, but if you caused the defect in any way, they will do a quick test to find out.

With your card, include all and any details that you can - Good Luck........

Please keep the questions all in one post so that it is easier to follow ..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users