Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

truecrypt hidden volume with existing encrypted volume

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 hugo442

hugo442

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 10 April 2015 - 05:07 PM

I have a truecrypt encrypted volume which is my entire hard drive.  This contains the windows OS and my files(one of many backed up encrypted copies).  I would now like to implement a 2nd truecrypt volume inside this present truecrypt volume.  Truecrypt calls this a hidden volume.  The idea is that at boot-up, you can use one of two passwords.  The one you choose dictates which (the primary or the hidden) volume.  The easy way to do this is to do it when first creating both truecrypt volumes but I did not realize I wanted to create this hidden volume until now.  All of the instructions I have seen require you to dismount the encrypted volume which will host the hidden volume first.  However I can't do that because I need that volume decrypted in order to run the truecrypt software which performs the function.  

Any ideas other than decrypting the encrypted volume and starting from scratch?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users