Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cryptowall 3.0 file recovery

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 russellcash

russellcash

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 AM

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:15 AM

I am attempting to remove this ransomware and recover the files without paying. I have visited many sites and have removed the ransomware ( I believe) but now I need to recover the encrypted files. Suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 AM

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:25 AM

A repository of all current knowledge regarding CryptoWall, CryptoWall 2.0 & CryptoWall 3.0 is provided by Grinler (aka Lawrence Abrams), in this topic: CryptoWall and DECRYPT_INSTRUCTION Ransomware Information Guide and FAQ

Reading that Guide will help you understand what CryptoWall (including versions 2.0 & 3.0) does and provide information for how to deal with it. Cryptowall typically deletes all Shadow Volume Copies with vssadmin.exe so that you cannot restore your files via System Restore or using a program like Shadow Explorer...but it never hurts to try. At this time there is no fix tool and Decryption of any CryptoWall Files...is impossible since there is no way to retrieve the private key that can be used to decrypt your files without paying the ransom.

There are also lengthy ongoing discussion in these topics:Rather than have everyone start individual topics, it would be best (and more manageable for staff) if you posted any questions, comments or requests for assistance in that topic discussion.

To avoid confusion, I have asked a Moderator to close this topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users