Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Webcam-Night Vision-IP Network-With Remote Access Advise Needed

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Cimi

Cimi

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 10 April 2015 - 04:31 AM

Hi all, :) 

I would like to purchase a Webcam that has night Vision for Under $100 dollars. That has an option for remote access from phone App ( Google Play-Android ) . I have seen ones like these; 

https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/wireless-hd-ip-camera/

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-GEN-WIRELESS-WEBCAM-Security-IP-CAM-AUDIO-VIDEO-WIFI-CAMERA-IR-Motion-Detect-/251673974280?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a98f01608

My problem is ...

The IR distance view on these is around 10m. My purpose for one is to help view any types of movements in the sky, e.g Comet  etc.

Which are far more than 10m away :) . This requires say night vision Binoculars probably military grade hence proves several one I am concerned with is cost.

So my question in brief is as follows;

Can anyone suggest a Night Vision Webcam that has more than a 10m field of view under $100. That comes with a Remote access app for Smart Phones/ Laptops.... app for Android ( Google play store ).

Any links would be great !!! I am making DYI one with the old film trick. However this does not have the remote app feature.

Kind Regards

Cimi

:)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 33,779 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 PM

Posted 10 April 2015 - 04:42 AM

Hi Cimi,

what exactly do you want to achieve with these night vision goggles? See more stars/comets? See stars in the infrared band?

Nightvision can work in many different ways from detecting thermal emission instead of light to multiplying the light of stars and the moon to make the light appear brighter. None of these methods is really suited for sky observations though, unfortunately.
If you are looking for items that "glow" by themselves such as comets and/or stars I would probably recommend normal binoculars.

regards
myrti

is that a bird?  a plane? nooo it's the flying blueberry!

If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM! Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Cimi

Cimi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2015 - 05:16 AM

Perhaps something like this. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Color-Out-Indoor-Wireless-1-0MP-Megapixel-CCTV-Security-Network-IP-Camera-HD-P2P-/141488717881?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20f1628039

However id rather IR range to be around 50m ( 164ft) 

Not sure if I need to install cable power supply with this ?

Just want something simple easy set up Wifi-Remote Access- 50m ( 164ft ) IR under $100 lol

Cimi 

#4 Cimi

Cimi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2015 - 05:18 AM

Hi 

myrti

Id like to enhance the brightness of any " moving object " in the night sky. Be able to have device outside and be able to record it and view it remotely. 

Cimi 

#5 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,851 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 AM

Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:34 PM

What you are looking for is called a SKYLIGHT display.  It takes in all the light available and amplifies it.  Night vision basically floods an area with an infra-red (IR) light source (invisible) so the IR camera can SEE.  Real time IR cameras that need no IR source are expensive but work better that Night Vision or viewed IR.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users