Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I suspect damage from maleware (?)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dreamcatcherco

dreamcatcherco

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 09 April 2015 - 11:45 PM

I am unable to connect to the net on one of my desktops that is on my home network (computer can't even see a network so it can connect to the net).  Have no sound and a bunch of other things are not working.  Services have been reset.  I DID take maleware off the computer in question w/ MalewareBytes.  And then I ran Farbar Service Scanner. I have already re-set the settings for Dns cache service, dhcp service & nsi service per the guidance of how they should be set from the Farbar log.  It also tells me that I have no LEGACY-Nsi\0000 registry key.  Don't know how to supply the computer in question with that key.  I would love some step-by-step instructions so I don't blow up my computer or something.  Apparently from what the log is saying the drivers I need to connect are all there--none are missing.  I tried to re-start printer spool & I need to check & see if I can print.  The kicker is that I was pushing the deadline on completing 2 complex Home and Business Turbo Tax returns when this happened & I can't use my e-file as I was planning to do or even print (unless I fixed that already.)  So if you have a minute to tell me what to do with this missing registry key, it would perhaps avoid a need for extensions and allow me to get this tax-stuff out of my hair. I am thinking I probably can stick on a pdf copy of the tax file from the affected computer via a data stick and put it on my other desktoptop to print it--I hope. Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 09 April 2015 - 11:50 PM

1. Download the portable version of Windows Repair (All In One) from here, Windows Repair (All In One). (Make sure you have your computer running in a clean boot state BEFORE running repairs. If you need assistance with performing a clean boot then follow the instructions here, How to perform a clean boot in Windows)

2. Download the portable zipped folder to your desktop.

3. Extract the contents of the zipped folder, and then right click on the Repair_Windows.exe file and select run as administrator.

4. After the program opens, click on the Step 3 tab and click the Do It button to have the program run Check Disk on the file system. Screenshot.

5. After the computer finishes running Check Disk, start the program again and proceed to Step 4.

6. Click on the Step 4 tab and click on the Do It button to allow the program to run the System File Checker to find and fix any corrupt Windows files. Screenshot.

7. After SFC finishes, proceed to the Step 5 tab.

8. On the Step 5 tab go ahead and create a new system restore point before starting the repair by clicking on the Create button under the System Restore area. Screenshot.

9. Once that is done click on the Start Repairs tab.

10. On the Start Repairs tab click on the Start button and select Run when prompted. Screenshot.

11. The Windows Repairs window will open. Now ensure that ONLY the checkboxes in the program are checked as indicated below:

MysJDwM.jpg

As far as what you can not see checkmark boxes 25, 26, 27 and 33

12. Then when those checkboxes are selected, click on the checkbox that says Restart System when Finished.

13. Now click on the Start button to start the repair process.

14. The process could take some time so please be patient.

15. After the repair process finishes, the computer will be rebooted.

Edited by InadequateInfirmity, 09 April 2015 - 11:51 PM.

#3 dreamcatcherco

dreamcatcherco
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 11 April 2015 - 05:48 PM

Thank-you, this is GREAT! I like Windows repair program.  I am now back to connecting to the net and I don't know of anything that isn't working correctly.  This morning I e-filed my tax return with my newly repaired system! 

#4 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 11 April 2015 - 07:11 PM

Lets run a couple of checks on your machine to be sure you are ok.  :)

Step 1: eScanAV.

Disable your antivirus prior to this scan.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/114351/how-to-temporarily-disable-your-anti-virus-firewall-and-anti-malware-programs/

Download the eScanAV Anti-Virus Toolkit (MWAV)
http://www.escanav.com/english/content/products/downloadlink/downloadcounter.asp?pcode=MWAV&src=english_dwn&type=alter
Save the file to your desktop.
Right click run as administrator.
A new icon will appear on your desktop.
Right click run as administrator on new icon.
Click on the update tab.
ZCDJtZN.png
Once you have updated the program, make sure the settings are the same as the picture below.
7DUFn5c.png
Once you have made sure the settings match the picture, hit the Scan & Clean button.
Upon scan completion, click View Log.
ApSVXsQ.png
Copy and paste entire log into your next reply.
Note: Reboot if needed to remove infections.

Step 2: Zemana

Run a full scan with Zemana antimalware.

http://www.zemana.us/product/zemana-antimalware/default.aspx

Install and select deep scan.

jdmyscF.jpg

Remove any infections found.

Then click on the icon in the pic below.

DOLGyto.jpg

Double click on the scan log, copy and paste here in your reply.

Step 3: Junkware Removal Tool.

Please download Junkware Removal Tool and save it on your desktop.

• Shut down your anti-virus, anti-spyware, and firewall software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click it and select Run as administrator.
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Please post the JRT log.

Step 4: Adware Cleaner.

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.

• Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on Scan button.
  • When the scan has finished click on Clean button.
  • Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
  • Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
  • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users