Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Elitepad charging problem and #2 HP Elitepad Connector

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 hogesinwa

hogesinwa

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Location:Crossed the Atlantic, via Havana. Now in Tampa Bay area for a while.
  • Local time:08:23 PM

Posted 09 April 2015 - 04:34 AM

Hi.

I have an ElitePad 900 running Windows 8.1 Pro.

The unit was a demonstrator model but came with warranty etc.  I am having a lot of difficulty charging the unit.  The power unit end is fine but the piece that goes into the Elitepad is not all that firm - I have to get the thing it the slot "just so" and then put it down very carefully so that it maintains contact.  Also, it frequently stays connected, and advises that it is plugged in but says it is not charging.  Why would it do that - surely if it knows it's plugged in and the battery needs charging it should just do it, not sit idle.

Any ideas on how to make this work better?

Second, I have a Connector that came with it.  It has a piece that goes intot he Elitepad on one end and at the other end it has a slot for a USB cable.  I assume this is to transfer stuff from external drives and cameras etc.  Will it also transfer files from my Laptop if I buy a USB/USB cable?  Seems simple enough to me but I'm wondering why it didn't come with one if it is needed to connect to a laptop.

thanks

Hoges

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users