Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"confirm order" button doesn't work

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 sundaisy

sundaisy

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 AM

Posted 09 April 2015 - 01:41 AM

Hi everyone,

this is my first post here! :flowers:

I hope you might be able to help me with my issue - I was trying to place an order in an online shop, but when I press the 'confirm order' button, it does nothing. It is a shop where I have placed several orders in the past successfully, but now already for a week I have been having this problem - the confirm button just doesn't take me anywhere.

I tried it from 4 different computers, in chrome, IE and mozzilla, but just NOTHING. 

Yesterday I placed an order with a different shop and it all worked fine, but with this particular one, the button doesn't allow me to proceed. 

I called the customer service and they just say that they cannot help me, that they have been receiving orders normally and that all is fine from their side.

Does anyone have any idea what this might be all about? Is it some error from my side - or are they supposed to fix this?

thank you! :heart:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,041 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 AM

Posted 09 April 2015 - 01:54 AM

G'day sundaisy, and :welcome: to BC !

1. Are all the computers you are using in the one location ?

2.What is the sites name ?

3. Which OS are you using ? (win 8, win 7 etc)

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 sundaisy

sundaisy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2015 - 02:10 AM

Hey Condobloke, thank you!:)

To answer your questions - and thank you for trying to help, really appreciate it!

1. No, not all computers were at the same address, three were at my home, but the fourth is the work computer, at my office. On this one I tried to shop in IE and in chrome.

2.It is a slovenian shop cellbes.si (I guess this is not of much help:)) But it was always working fine!

3.I am using windows 8.1 (my personal computer), the other I think is windows 7 (not sure, since I am not at home now, sorry), one was a tablet (don't have it with me, but it is rather recent, an Asus bought last year), and at work is windows XP

I hope this is useful! I am quite illiterate as far as computers go :inlove:

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,041 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2015 - 02:29 AM

(Personally I think the people at cellbes.si should be helping you out....you are about to spend money with them after all !!)

However.....in the absence of any help from them, we will persevere....

Do you know if there is an addon called  "Adblock Plus" installed on the browser...in firefox it would be listed in add ons...

I don't mind telling you ....I am scratching my head here !   There appears to be no common denominator

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#5 sundaisy

sundaisy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2015 - 02:35 AM

Thank you, Condobloke - I also feel they should be helping me at the site, but I only get in touch with very nice ladies who sound totally helpless:)

But I like the store and their clothes, so I would really love to continue to shop there:)

Yes, Chrome on my personal computer (windows 8.1) has adblock (not adblock plus, just adblock if there is any difference). Do you think this may cause some problems?

#6 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,041 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2015 - 02:44 AM

Is is a bit of a 'long shot'......but......left click on the adblock icon and select "disable on cellbes.si '......then refresh the page.....(f5 or the reload button in the url bar)....and see if this has made any difference.

GcnI1aH.jpg

#7 sundaisy

sundaisy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2015 - 02:52 AM

Thank you for the suggestion - I tried, disabled adblock, refreshed, tried to confirm - and nothing. :smash:

Maybe some higher force is trying to prevent me from spending money :devil:

The thing is that yesterday I placed an order with the same company, logged in with the same account number, just the order was placed with a different branch (this company represents two different cloth branches) - and it worked fine!

I am just clueless. And I would really love to buy those clothes :bounce:  I also have a discount coupon that is still valid only today.

Is it possible that they have a bug or something? Because I surfed the net a bit and I found that people had such issues, also on amazon for instance...the confirm button not working. 

#8 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,041 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2015 - 03:02 AM

ok....so it is the specific site.

just to be totally paranoid.....try clicking just below and to the side and above the confirm button.

All i can suggest is call customer support again and insist on speaking to a tier 2 support person or the floor manager.

GcnI1aH.jpg

#9 sundaisy

sundaisy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2015 - 03:12 AM

Hey, you know what happened - it actually worked - for a while; I clicked 'confirm and pay', it finally moved me forward and I was supposed to fill out the details of my credit card. So I did, then I clicked 'continue' and then my antivirus program asked me whether I wanted to open this in a protected browser or on this regular site, I chose the regular site (I trust the company, have been buying with them for a while), and then it all just disappeared:))) 

I checked with my bank, the order didn't go through.

This is just so ridiculous...it must be a problem on their side, but I think they just don't have the tech support to fix this. I should bug them some more:))

I appreciate your trying to help very much.

#10 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,041 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2015 - 03:15 AM

Which AV are you using ?

GcnI1aH.jpg

#11 sundaisy

sundaisy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2015 - 03:16 AM

Kaspersky - but only on my personal computer, not at work (here it is AVG). The tablet has Avast.

#12 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,041 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2015 - 03:23 AM

do the three computers have any other protection other than AV.......which is installed on all 3 ?

GcnI1aH.jpg

#13 sundaisy

sundaisy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2015 - 03:26 AM

No, AV is not common between them, one has Kaspersky, the other AVG and then Avast...Do you think I should disable Firewall in Kaspersky AV and try to proceed? Is that safe?

#14 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,041 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2015 - 03:46 AM

disable it temporarily.....try it....then re enable it

GcnI1aH.jpg

#15 sundaisy

sundaisy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2015 - 04:09 AM

Tried...it doesn't work:((

Well, what to do...I'll try to call them although it will be to no avail, they just keep saying that everything is fine with other clients.

thank you a lot for your help and suggestions!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users