Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Friend's PC won't stop crashing

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 edfc852d52

edfc852d52

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:48 PM

I have a friend who's PC is having issues. It constantly (daily, multiple times per day) crashes on the last frame of what he was doing and the audio loops the last second of audio over and over again. Typically this happens but no BSOD occurs, luckily he was able to finally able to get a BSOD to occur which I have uploaded the minidump from it here:

https://mega.co.nz/#!hMcyHTDR!Czbp4_6NXU7s6pGzh3LHLeTCWaUmFcezDKW6Dho5IsA

This dump is from earlier today, on a fresh install of Windows with all updated drives. The BSOD error was: "clock_watchdog_timeout" This issue happens randomly, it used to just be during games but now it is during any form of use with his computer for a prolonged period of time. I can do simple dump debugging and hardware testing, but this one is over my head.

Speccy screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/RpPkUU0.png

Not included:

• PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 800W Power Supply
  • Corsair H55 closed-loop cooler

Things that he/we have tried:

• Updating BIOS
  • Updating/reinstalling drivers
  • Formatted and reinstalled Windows
  • Moving HDD from 6Gbps to 3Gbps SATA port (someone on TomsHardware said this fixed their same issue, didn't work for us)
  • Stress testing all hardware (CPU: Prime95, GPU: Furmark, RAM: Memtest86, everything came back fine, pretty low temperatures, no crashes or errors during testing)

Hoping someone can give me hand with this.

Edited by edfc852d52, 08 April 2015 - 09:51 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users