Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

live disks as ISO but want to try multisession - HOW?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 894 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 AM

Posted 08 April 2015 - 05:49 PM

I have Toshiba's Disk Creator which allows "Burn ISO" or "Image to Disk".  There is no option I could find for doing this as "leave open" or "multisession".  How can such ISO live disk be made as multisession?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,978 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 08 April 2015 - 06:26 PM

I am not familiar with Toshiba's disc creator but to make a disc 'multi-session' it is important that you don't 'close' it as the final part of the burn process. Look for an option that says 'Close disc at end ?' or any wording that includes 'close ?'.

If you can't find any such option then you could consider installing a different burner. You can find a number on the web. Just be careful who you download it from and always use the 'Custom install' method. This allows to dodge most of the bundled software that is attached to such downloads.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 Al1000

Al1000

• Global Moderator
  • 6,705 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 09 April 2015 - 03:05 AM

I found a post on a forum that says Toshiba Disk Creator "seems to be missing multisession."

Assuming you're using Windows XP, I recommend freeisoburner. That's what I used to use before I started using Linux. I have just downloaded the file from the link on their website to check it out, as it's been a while since I've done so, but it still looks just fine to me.

The download is a single file called FreeISOBurner.exe and is 705,024 bytes in size and 708,608 bytes on disk. I also uploaded it to VirusTotal just to be really sure, and it didn't find any problems with it.

It doesn't come bundled with anything, and is simple enough that it doesn't even need to be installed. Just download the file, click on it, and the application opens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users