Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Korean font characters not appearing?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nicolascc

Nicolascc

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 08 April 2015 - 05:12 PM

EDIT: After testing it on Firefox I see that this problem seems to be only happening on chrome, but I've noticed some of the fonts and symbols are broken on programs like Steam too. I've tried to re install chrome but the problem is never fixed. I'm not sure whats wrong with my computer and chrome?

Some other problems I have with chrome:

• Can't see pictures while dragging them
  • When I copy and paste certain text symbols they break

-----

I've tried just about everything, deleting the font cache, localizing my keyboard to type in Korean (which works for typing only), and doing a windows update. Yet nothing has worked.

I reformatted my computer a month-ish ago by just reverting to factory settings. Before that I've never ever had this problem, i can't understand why Korean font won't display. It's frustrating. 

a4g10.jpg

1zmz7ti.jpg

Its not /that/ big of a deal but its super frustrating. **I also can't tell if this is related to the problem or not but also text symbols won't always display properly. Again, not sure if it has to do with the korean font or what but things like a heart text symbol ♡ appear as three lines on top of each other. Same for a few others.

Please help :(

Edited by Nicolascc, 08 April 2015 - 05:56 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Nicolascc

Nicolascc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 09 April 2015 - 10:56 PM

Bump, i really need help!

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 PM

Posted 10 April 2015 - 12:09 AM

1zmz7ti.jpg

I must assume the Squares are the problem areas since you do not indicate them ..............

If there is one word in the middle of a text that is not recognized, it will need copy / paste to replace that word. (Copy and Paste)

I can only use Google Translate (or similar) for these words, to understand what they mean, or to write in English

I do not know of a program that will continue to type in several languages at the same time. I have this problem with Japanese mostly.

You would need 2 keyboards, each set to one language. Common letters like Army base stew (Budae -jjigae: ) will follow OK, but the next word or letter must be one that English cannot understand.

From here you need the other keyboard to follow onwards ..... The standard keyboard will not change at a flick while halfway through a sentence.

This is also like the "Accent Marks" above and below letters in French writing that I also cannot do on this 100% English keyboard.

Is this an explanation that you understand ??

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 PM

Posted 10 April 2015 - 08:15 PM

a4g10.jpg

With your Google Search, you have an English keyboard feeding a screen and processor for a language it will not recognize.

Can I ask how you got those letters on the screen ?? Did you copy / paste them there, or are you able to use another keyboard to do this ??

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users