Computer: Dell Inspiron 1525
OS: Windows Vista Home Premium SP2
Problem: It will not get nor install updates from Microsoft for the OS nor any other program
Steps Taken (so far...)
1) removed various programs and addons using Programs and Features, Add/Remove Program
2) removed old copy of Malware Bytes. Installed and ran new. removed problems found.
3) installed and ran CCleaner and fixed problems found and removed junk files found
4) tried automatic fix from this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058 Fails on installing Windows PowerShell. Says to try again later.
5) tried manual reset of windows update from the same link:
a- appidsvc not found when trying to stop it in step 2
b- 4 or 5 of the .dlls from step 6 are either missing or have problems when starting
c- tried step 11 but it fails to load the latest version of the update agent.
I don't know if this is a virus or what.
Thanks for your time.
Edited by namdor, 08 April 2015 - 04:51 PM.