Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stubborn Virus?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kirako

Kirako

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 01 July 2006 - 03:39 PM

(Hopefully I'm posting this in the right place. If not then sorry, and sorry for typing a lot, I just want to fully explain the situation with my computer).

Okay, I know I'm definitely infected. I have been doing a lot of googling and trying out different methods of trying to save my computer but have failed. I really dont want to reformat my computer (unless all else has failed) since, well, who really wants to lose all their stuff.

Firstly, I THINK I sort of know what is infecting my computer. I have been getting those Winfixer and WinAnti whatever pop ups for the past couple of months. The ones that will not leave you alone even if you click no. I googled that problem before and some site recommended using Vundo which I did and it worked.. for a while that is. Then I started getting the same problem again except they are forcing me to download a different program. A couple days ago as I was websuring, my computer just went crazy and had all these weird stuff popping up, cant remember what it said but yea.

Since then, I have been getting pop ups that say "Windows Security Center has detected spyware/adware infection". My task manager wont open saying the administrator wont allow it. I even went out and bought some virus scanners yesterday however they keep shutting down before finishing it. The pop up saying "An error has occured and blah blah program must shut down". Something like that. I cant even access Windows Explorer or any other thing, cuz that also shuts down.

I practically cant run anything because it keeps shutting down. I was able to run spysweeper fully and they found a bunch of stuff and got rid of them but the problem still persists.

I have visited these sites and tried their solution seeing has how the described problem is very similiar to mine but I was either unable to perform necessary scans because the programs keeps getting and error and shuts down or else they did not help at all.

http://www.elamb.org/blog/spywarescumbags

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/9549/how-to-remove-surfsidekick-2-or-3-and-vcclient/

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74266

Basically I think I have the advanced version of the surfsidekick or the VCClient/VCMAIN thing. But stronger perhaps? I think my biggest problem right now is the inability to run most scans/programs because of the error thing. I've also gone to sites that are suppose to do scans but it wont even let me use ActiveX.

Anyways, thanks for reading? And sorry if I sound like a total retard. After about 10+ years of using the computer and about 8 years of internet usage, this is actually my very first virus.
Any help, suggestions, links, etc are greatly appreciated. Thanks! =)

(Okay I was in a rush and didnt see that I'm not suppose to post Hijackthis logs here so I took it out. I kind of want to delete this post but dont know how so uh yea... )

Edited by Kirako, 01 July 2006 - 04:11 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zemoman

zemoman

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2006 - 10:41 PM

Ok ill be helping you on this issue. The first thing I'm going to need you to do is download hijackthis i think your familiar about this program to get it go to | http://www.download.com/HijackThis/3000-80...tml?tag=lst-0-1 | and press download ( these lines | that are between the address are not part of it do not copy these!) then after download follow these instructions. ( If you click download and the download box for Hijackthis doesn't come up go back to the address located above and then hold down the CTRL button then press click download)

1. Open HJT (short for hijackthis) that will be located on your desktop.

2. Then click on run full system scan.

3. Then when the scan finishes ( takes about a sec or two ) press save log that is located on the bottom.

4. A notepad screen should come up copy and paste that on the next post.
ROOTKITS BAD!

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 02 July 2006 - 01:58 AM

Do not post a HJT log in this forum. It should be POSTED ONLY in the HJT forum. Also no one but HJT team members are allowed to recommend solution for HJT log on this site.
If you want to post a HJT log for review please follow "Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log" instructions.
Once you have, post your log in the HijackThis Logs and Analysis Forum.

Edited by acklan, 02 July 2006 - 02:11 AM.

"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#4 zemoman

zemoman

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2006 - 02:57 PM

O OOPS SRY ABOUT THAT! :thumbsup:
ROOTKITS BAD!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users