Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

tv won't work as monitor

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 THAZIT

THAZIT

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 PM

Posted 08 April 2015 - 04:09 PM

Have gateway a thrasher,2002.2gig ram.intel 4.intelR8245G/GL/PE/GRAPHICS.internal. I want to install aATI RANGERS 8MB PCI CARD. NO GAMING. Just want tv.no gaming. Tv works off someone's lap top.CAN'T fin out if I should uninstall drivers from intel. No says Y or N. Piggyback neighbors xfinity (he knows),and want to watch ChigacoPD. HELP?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 08 April 2015 - 06:18 PM

First of all - welcome to BC !

As far as I know there is no need to uninstall the drivers for your on-board graphics when you install a plug-in video card. Certainly the last twice I did it I didn't uninstall any drivers and everything works fine.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,238 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 PM

Posted 08 April 2015 - 06:20 PM

Not worth the effort, to start with you would need a new power supply.  you may need a different mother board, research the board to see where you are!

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#4 THAZIT

THAZIT
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2015 - 02:55 PM

Install disc says to unable intel for proper install. If I disable that, won't my monitor go blank, and how would I pick the other, or for that matter-how would I re enable the other if I don't have a screen?

#5 THAZIT

THAZIT
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2015 - 12:03 AM

After searching for days and days, asking or searching forums, talking to every "tech" person I could find, finally bying an HP laptop (H standing for hell) that worked out of the box to play on my tv, then after loading updates for fourteen hrs. changed the drivers for the realtech card to an amd that took tech 4 hrs on remote to solve, some KID told me to change the display settings on my monitor. moved it down 1 notch to 800- TA DA. tV plays through my dinosaur. $400 bucks and frazzeled nerves. Returning my 5 day old HP. If I have to battle every day , I`rather battle XP than HP!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users