Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Many incorrect Code 45, (device not connected). MSI GP60,Windows 8.1 64 bit.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rashwolf

Rashwolf

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 08 April 2015 - 11:16 AM

So my laptop has recently decided that a whole bunch of my internal peripherals aren't actually connected. These range from my 3.5 analog jack and webcam, to my integrated graphics card. I have USB headphones, and I only use my dedicated graphics, but the fact that my webcam is down is kinda pissing me off, and frankly this shouldn't be happening at all, even if I can squeeze by it.

As the title says, the laptop is an MSI GP60, running Windows 8.1 64 bit. If more specs or information is needed I can provide it. If a list of all the devices that have the code are needed, I can provide that too.

The devices are not working, and when I open Device Manager it gives an error on the device, and says that the device is not connected. I have tried updating the drivers, restarting, etc. The devices are connected, plain and simple.

I'm not a complete PC wizz, but I know my way around a computer.

Anyway, let me know if you can help, because frankly I have no idea what's up with this. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,177 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:03 AM

Welcome,

I would download and run the Seagate disk diagnostic after doing a sfc /scannow from the CMD prompt as administrator.

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 Rashwolf

Rashwolf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2015 - 04:25 PM

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

#4 Rashwolf

Rashwolf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:44 PM

Ok, gave it a try.

Seagate says it fixed some problems, but not the one I was trying to fix.

CMD prompt gave this message when it finished:

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some
of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For
example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not 
supported in offline servicing scenarios.

Link to log: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/69738710/CBS.log

#5 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,177 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:01 AM

I'm not an expert on this one but I'm thinking that making a backup of everything you MUST keep should be your next action. Then I'd be looking for a new HDD.

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,031 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:29 AM

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Please download and run SeatTool for Windows.

When the website opens scroll down till you find the I Accept button and click on it.

If you scroll down below this button you will find instruction for installing this.

Once you install this program you will see an image similar to the one below.

seagate3_zps1fa1f71c.jpg

1.  SeaTools for Windows will search for hdds on your computer.  Please remove any external storage devices connected via USB port.

2.  Detected Drives will list the hdd/s found.  Place a check mark in the drive you want to run the scan on.

3.  You will see Basic Tests above Detected Drives, move the mouse pointer over this.

4.  A menu will open with options for different scans, please click on Long Generic Test

5.  This will start the scan.  When the scan is complete you will see the result under Test Status , please post the results in your topic.

6.  When the scan is complete you will see Test results, post the status.  If it is green it has passed the scan.

7.  Click on Help, then click on View Log File.  If the scan failed take a screen shot of the Log File and post it in your topic.

====================

How to make a screenshot

1. Download and run A Thousand Words .

2. Follow the wizard to capture a screenshot

3. Use the built-in editor to resize, edit, or re-capture your screen shot. 

4. Your screen shot will be saved to your desktop when you finish the wizard.

You can post the screenshot in your next post as an attachment.  

Just below the area where you write text in a post there is the Post button, to the right of this is More Reply Options

Post2_zpsf05c0430.png

When you click on More Relpy Options  you will see Attach Files and Browse, click on Browse, this will open Pictures on your computer, click on the image you want to post, then click on Attach This File, then Add Reply.

BCreply1_zpsc36d42fc.png 

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users