Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Yahoo problem can't send email with Word attachment

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Nora10514

Nora10514

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:08 AM

I am trying to send an attachment in my Yahoo email.   I keep getting this message below.  Does anyone know what this means and how to correct this?  My email cannot be sent for some reason.  I am using Windows 8.  I am sending an MS Word attachment that I uploaded using Yahoo's attachment facility.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unable to send message:

If you are sending a link, try adding some text to it. This helps us fight spam.

Edited by computerxpds, 08 April 2015 - 10:18 AM.
Moved from Windows 8 to the more appropriate forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:16 AM

Hi Nora10514 :)

It could be a security feature put in place in Yahoo! Mail to protect users against malicious Word files (specially crafted). Did you try to archive the file (in a .zip) and then send it?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Nora10514

Nora10514
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2015 - 11:28 AM

Thanks, but I I just zipped the file but still can't send it.  I get the same message and I do not understand it.  Can someone suggest something else?  

Is there a way to reach Yahoo help quickly? 

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,597 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2015 - 11:32 AM

Did you try to send it from another web browser and see if it works? Did you try drag and dropping the document, or select it via the "Add attachment" feature? There's a lot of work around for this particular issue and the solution seems to varie from people to people.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 Nora10514

Nora10514
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2015 - 03:39 PM

I just sent my attachment using Outlook and it was sent - no problems.

And Yes, I did use the Add attachment feature of Yahoo mail.   I also tried to drag the doc into the email.  Nothing worked on Yahoo.

I would love to solve this problem with Yahoo mail because I use Yahoo mail more than Outlook.

Does anyone have some ideas about this?? Please help.

I forgot to mention that also tried to change browsers but that did not work either with Yahoo mail.

#6 Nora10514

Nora10514
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2015 - 03:45 PM

Hi everyone, I believe that I have found the problem.  somehow the email that I am responding to has been corrupted with bad data.  I just tried sending an attachment in a new email and it worked.  Please ignore my previous posts.  Thanks.

#7 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,597 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2015 - 04:09 PM

Well glad that you found the cause of your issue :) I encountered that issue as work also once on Outlook. Issue solved!

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users