Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What think about advanced system care ... good or not good ...

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 skakko

skakko

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:29 AM

Hi community, what  think about  advanced system care? it's a good program or not ...

I saw this program installed in many friend's laptop/notebook, and  some of them report me, that after they have used this program for clean and tuneup their pc, they have found a problems and malfunction of their systems...

I have used it for much time, and i havent found a problem or malfuncion in my system. 

In this moment i use adwcleaner and combofix when it is request, but i dont use a complete suite how ASC.

It might be a good idea install and use a ASC or not ?

One of my friend say me that this suite have damage ur windows system registry after clean it with this suite....

It's possibile ??

I use wise register cleaner for clean windows registry, and i think that is a good program 

best regards 

skakko

P.S sorry for my bad english ... i will study it ;)

Edited by skakko, 08 April 2015 - 09:43 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,201 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:40 AM

Well there's many things to address here ...

In this moment i use adwcleaner and combofix when it is request, but i dont use a complete suite how ASC.

ComboFix is a very powerful reporting and scripting tool that was developped by sUBs, used by members of the malware removal team here on BleepingComputer (and also on other forums). This tool can easily break a Windows installation if poorly and/or wrongly used. It can make the whole system unbootable and also delete everything present on your drives (leaving you with close to no chance of recovery) or damage your Windows installation so badly that you would be forced to reinstall it. Therefore, you should not be using ComboFix unless you are in one of the two situation listed below:
  • You have been trained in an online malware removal forum to use ComboFix;
  • You are using it under the supervision and instructions of a trained malware removal professional on BleepingComputer or another recognized malware removal forum (UNITE forums for example);
If you have any questions or concerns about ComboFix, quietman7 wrote a FAQ on it and you'll find all your answers in it.

ComboFix usage, Questions, Help? - Look here

Also be aware that BleepingComputer doesn't provide any advice on how to use ComboFix on your own, due to the nature of the tool and how dangerous it can be when used without supervision or proper training.

Hi community, what think about advanced system care? it's a good program or not ...

I saw this program installed in many friend's laptop/notebook, and some of them report me, that after they have used this program for clean and tuneup their pc, they have found a problems and malfunction of their systems...

I have used it for much time, and i havent found a problem ir malfuncion in my system.

Advanced SystemCare is "PC Booster". "PC Booster/Tune Up" programs are part of the worst programs you can install on a system. When it comes to messing up your system (Windows), these are as worst as malware. They are completely worthless and useless to use. The worst is that they'll often take action on your system without you knowing, nor authorizing it, which could lead to your system being altered in a way you don't want it to be or even worst, a "broke" system. Every feature they provide, you can either do it natively under Windows, do it via another standalone executable (which is way easier and safer to use) or they aren't providing something you need. Here's a few examples:
  • Cleaning temporary files: TFC (standalone executable), CCleaner (installed), Cleanmgr.exe (in-built);
  • Managing start-up entries: Autoruns (standalone executable), CCleaner (installed), Task Manager and Registry (in-built);
  • Driver Updater: Not needed, all you need is to go on your manufacturer website so you'll be sure to get the right, official, working drivers for your computer or hardware;
  • Registry Cleaner/Defragger: Completely useless and also dangerous;
  • Disk Defragging: Disk Defrag (in-built), O&O Disk Defrag (installed), Defraggler (installed);
  • Powerful uninstaller: Not needed, only needed when you have to make sure a program is completely uninstalled. Revo Uninstaller have a portable version you can use;
  • "Enhanced" Task Manager: Procexp (standalone executable), Process Hacker (portable or installed);
  • "Active security": Any Antivirus and Antimalware can beat that, easily. These programs aren't made to replace Antivirus or Antimalware products and shouldn't be seen as such;
  • Repair Hard Drive issues: Simple chkdsk /r command under Windows (in-built);
Having such program installing on your system will just bloat it down and you have more chances to have issues by using them than without. These products are advertised as a program that can solve all your issues, remove every malware, speed up your computer performance over 100%, etc. The truth is that there's not a single program that can do that. First of all, these programs aren't made to remove virus and malware, leave this in the hands of Antivirus and Antimalware, period. Secondly, there's so many kind of issues under Windows that there's not a single program that can address them all. If you think that BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) issues can be solved by opening a program and clicking on a "Fix" button, then I'm sorry to tell you but, you're wrong. Also, you cannot boost the performance of a hardware over it's hardware capabilities. Of course you can overclock some components, like your CPU, RAM and GPU, but these aren't done via these programs, but via your BIOS interface. I could recommend you a program for every feature these programs advertise, and also tell you exactly in detail why most of them are completely useless, such as Registry cleaner (dangerous to use), and driver updater (dangerous to use, and also completely useless, it'll not improve your system performance). In the end, buying such programs is the exact same as being scammed (because this is what it is, a pure scam) and using one of these programs will result you in having a system less performant than prior to using it.

I use wise register claner for clean windows registry, and i think that is a good program

Lastly, a word from Animal on Registry Cleaners.

Bleeping Computer DOES NOT recommend the use of registry cleaners/optimizers for several reasons:

Registry cleaners are extremely powerful applications that can damage the registry by using aggressive cleaning routines and cause your computer to become unbootable.

The Windows registry is a central repository (database) for storing configuration data, user settings and machine-dependent settings, and options for the operating system. It contains information and settings for all hardware, software, users, and preferences. Whenever a user makes changes to settings, file associations, system policies, or installed software, the changes are reflected and stored in this repository. The registry is a crucial component because it is where Windows "remembers" all this information, how it works together, how Windows boots the system and what files it uses when it does. The registry is also a vulnerable subsystem, in that relatively small changes done incorrectly can render the system inoperable. For a more detailed explanation, read Understanding The Registry.

Not all registry cleaners are created equal. There are a number of them available but they do not all work entirely the same way. Each vendor uses different criteria as to what constitutes a "bad entry". One cleaner may find entries on your system that will not cause problems when removed, another may not find the same entries, and still another may want to remove entries required for a program to work.

Not all registry cleaners create a backup of the registry before making changes. If the changes prevent the system from booting up, then there is no backup available to restore it in order to regain functionality. A backup of the registry is essential BEFORE making any changes to the registry.

Improperly removing registry entries can hamper malware disinfection and make the removal process more difficult if your computer becomes infected. For example, removing malware related registry entries before the infection is properly identified can contribute to system instability and even make the malware undetectable to removal tools.

The usefulness of cleaning the registry is highly overrated and can be dangerous. In most cases, using a cleaner to remove obsolete, invalid, and erroneous entries does not affect system performance but it can result in "unpredictable results".

Unless you have a particular problem that requires a registry edit to correct it, I would suggest you leave the registry alone. Using registry cleaning tools unnecessarily or incorrectly could lead to disastrous effects on your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. For routine use, the benefits to your computer are negligible while the potential risks are great.

If I was to sum all this up: uninstall Advanced SystemCare and stay away from this program and programs from that family (PC Boosters/Optimizers), same for Registry Cleaners (uninstall Wise Registry Cleaner) and do not run ComboFix on your own.

Edited by Aura., 08 April 2015 - 09:43 AM.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 skakko

skakko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:54 AM

Aura thanks for ur support ... i follow ur instruciotns..... :thumbup2:  :thumbup2:

I will use the tools that u have mentioned in ur post and any antimalware how adwcleaner that not need to install in my system , and my favorite AV that is kaspersky 2015...

Edited by skakko, 08 April 2015 - 10:57 AM.

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,201 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:55 AM

No problem shakko. If you're not sure about the status of other software on your system (if you should use them or not), let me know and I'll make you list your installed programs and give you recommendations. Another warning related to Advanced SystemCare.

IObit have been accused in the past from using shady techniques in order to promote and enhance their products, one of which was to steal Malwarebytes' definition database to include it in their "Antimalware", IObit Malware Fighter. On top of that, their main product, Advanced SystemCare, goes into the "PC Booster" category of program, which are useless programs since there's no proofs or facts that these actually boost the performance of a system, and are borderline "scamware". In fact, these programs have a tendency to cause a variety of issues under Windows, that can be solved by uninstalling the software, ironic isn't it? Most of their features can be replaced by using other programs, often, utilities that requires no installation or that are already "built-in" inside Windows.

Relevant articles:

Edited by Aura., 08 April 2015 - 10:55 AM.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 PM

Posted 08 April 2015 - 11:00 AM

Aura thanks for ur support ... i follow ur instruciotns..... :thumbup2:  :thumbup2:

I will use the tools that u have mentioned in ur post and any antimalware how adwcleaner that not need to install in my system , and my favorite AV that is kaspersky 2015...

Regarding AdwCleaner, it's only designed to clean out certain kinds of software - mostly adware (as the name suggests). So I wouldn't call it an AM since it does not cover all threats that AM software detect.

The two popular choices for AM software here are Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Both have good track records of detection and cleaning, and provides real time protection when upgraded to the paid version.

EAM and MBAM can be installed alongside an existing AV - which I recommend you do so, as Kaspersky is rather poor in the AM department from my experience.

Regards,
Alex

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,603 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2015 - 12:40 PM

You did not advise which version of ASC you are using.

Advanced SystemCareFree is a suite of protection, performance and privacy tools by IObit. It provides basic protection from security threats, basic system optimization and auto clean for privacy security when logging on. Optimization includes a registry cleaner that purports to improve performance, make repairs and tune up a computer.

Advanced SystemCare PRO is a more comprehensive optimization suite by IObit with additonal features to include enhanced malware protection, system tuneup, deep registry cleaning, an Internet booster and an assortment of "Smart Tools" for computer maintenance.

Advanced SystemCare Ultimate incorporates the same comprehensive optimization suite with additional security protection which includes BitDefender antivirus technology and the IObit anti-malware engine.

The optimization and performance improvement claims made by such software vendors are borderline scams. There is no statistical evidence to back such claims. Advertisements to do so are a marketing ploy intended to goad users into using an unnecessary and potential dangerous product. I would not trust any results such programs detect as problematic or needing repair nor recommend using the options to fix them.

Further, these types of junk optimization programs are often considered Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs) so they may be detected or even removed by some security scanners which specifically look for PUPs and adware. IOBIT has been placed into the Installers Hall of Shame for bundling toolbars.

As for ASC's security and malware protection...most folks (including myself) are bias due to their past history with Malwarebytes. Although, the Malwarebytes team no longer has an issue with IObit, the vendor's dubious methods would not warrant a recommendation from me to use or trust their software.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#7 skakko

skakko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2015 - 01:52 PM

You did not advise which version of ASC you are using.

Advanced SystemCareFree is a suite of protection, performance and privacy tools by IObit. It provides basic protection from security threats, basic system optimization and auto clean for privacy security when logging on. Optimization includes a registry cleaner that purports to improve performance, make repairs and tune up a computer.

Advanced SystemCare PRO is a more comprehensive optimization suite by IObit with additonal features to include enhanced malware protection, system tuneup, deep registry cleaning, an Internet booster and an assortment of "Smart Tools" for computer maintenance.

Advanced SystemCare Ultimate incorporates the same comprehensive optimization suite with additional security protection which includes BitDefender antivirus technology and the IObit anti-malware engine.

The optimization and performance improvement claims made by such software vendors are borderline scams. There is no statistical evidence to back such claims. Advertisements to do so are a marketing ploy intended to goad users into using an unnecessary and potential dangerous product. I would not trust any results such programs detect as problematic or needing repair nor recommend using the options to fix them.

Further, these types of junk optimization programs are often considered Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs) so they may be detected or even removed by some security scanners which specifically look for PUPs and adware. IOBIT has been placed into the Installers Hall of Shame for bundling toolbars.

As for ASC's security and malware protection...most folks (including myself) are bias due to their past history with Malwarebytes. Although, the Malwarebytes team no longer has an issue with IObit, the vendor's dubious methods would not warrant a recommendation from me to use or trust their software.

Advanced SystemCare PRO 

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,201 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2015 - 01:55 PM

Different name, same crap and suspicious product that isn't worth using. But I guess this is just my strongly (maybe biased) opinion.

unite_blue.png

#9 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,603 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2015 - 02:04 PM

There is nothing suspicious about ASC...dubious maybe because of its history and each version offers different features which is why I asked.

I hope you only paid the discount price for one year. I would cut my loses and remove it. You are only getting basic protection from security threats so losing that is no big deal. The privacy features are ok but do not make up for all the performance junkware installed as part of the suite.

#10 quailo

quailo

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 AM

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:26 PM

hi all

Advanced System care is NOT just a registry cleaner. you can turn that off and just scan for virus-malware and other useful stuff. I have bee running it for a couple of month now and it is brilliant. Give it a try for 30 days free. Like I said in another post I have given Malwarebytes away and been looking for alternatives. It seems that I have used the original applications for a long time while others developed better things and I was oblivious to it. Believe me it is worth a try!

#11 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,603 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2017 - 05:15 AM

I do not know of one security expert who would recommend using Advanced system Care.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users