Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound card problem (No sound) :(

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 ReadLiaoFanBook

ReadLiaoFanBook

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 AM

Posted 08 April 2015 - 05:06 AM

Story goes like this:

I had registry error bluescreen of death. I couldn't fix it but found that recover computer to the last working setting should work, yeah it's worked but my sound disappeared also my device in the device manager. 

How should I fix it? (Lenovo G580, Windows 7 SP1 x64)

c01954540.gif

c01954539.gif

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,164 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 08 April 2015 - 05:31 AM

Try down loading the driver.   http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-g-series-laptops/lenovo-g580-notebook

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 albabeti

albabeti

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 08 April 2015 - 05:48 AM

you will need to re-install audio drivers for your laptop

#4 ReadLiaoFanBook

ReadLiaoFanBook
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2015 - 06:54 AM

you will need to re-install audio drivers for your laptop

How I can uninstall old ones as I can't find any device in device manager? There is possibility to uninstall it somehow ? 

The problem with re-installing the drivers is like this that it says that there is no device for those drivers. :(

Edited by ReadLiaoFanBook, 08 April 2015 - 06:54 AM.

#5 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:04 AM

Hi ReadLiaoFanBook :)

If you go in your Device Manager, and select Show hidden devices in the View many, does your audio device shows up under Audio Controller? If it does, does it have an error message? If yes, what is it?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#6 ReadLiaoFanBook

ReadLiaoFanBook
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:20 AM

KcRKqlG.png

@Aura

Thank you for coming to thread! 

Nothing new popped out after selecting this option sadly. I found that there is Nvidia stuff which was not aware off which it could be installed because before I tried to fix it on my own and just installed and updated drivers so probably because of that. 

#7 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:23 AM

Then it seems that your sound card isn't even detected at all by the system, which means that it might be lose or there's a another physical issue with it. Usually, the NVIDIA Audio Drivers can be installed/updated via the NVIDIA Graphic card drivers installer that you get from the NVIDIA Drivers webpage.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#8 ReadLiaoFanBook

ReadLiaoFanBook
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:47 AM

Then it seems that your sound card isn't even detected at all by the system, which means that it might be lose or there's a another physical issue with it. Usually, the NVIDIA Audio Drivers can be installed/updated via the NVIDIA Graphic card drivers installer that you get from the NVIDIA Drivers webpage.

Yes exactly. this Nvidia audio drivers is not really my drivers. I used Conexant audio drivers. So there is nothing that can be done? 

#9 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:51 AM

If I were you, I would check if physically the sound card is well connected to the motherboard and see if after that it re-appears in the Device Manager. Below is the user manual for your laptop, you can look throught it to find the sound card location in it and then disassemble it to verify the connections.

https://www.lenovo.com/shop/americas/content/user_guides/gseries_ug_en.pdf

unite_blue.png

#10 ReadLiaoFanBook

ReadLiaoFanBook
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2015 - 08:42 AM

but the laptop don't have a soundcard as it's integrated into motherboard. yes? 

#11 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2015 - 08:47 AM

If it's integrated, then check to see its integrity: no traces of sparks, burn or other physical damage on it.

unite_blue.png

#12 ReadLiaoFanBook

ReadLiaoFanBook
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2015 - 08:59 AM

I think maybe because something in the bios changed I read online that it can sometimes happen but my bios is password protected and I forgot password, how I can reset it ? 

#13 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:01 AM

There's not a lot of ways to reset the password on a BIOS. There's many "methods" going around the web, but none of them really works. The best one is to call your manufacturer with a proof of purchase, so they can give you your BIOS mastercode to unlock it and remove the BIOS password.

unite_blue.png

#14 ReadLiaoFanBook

ReadLiaoFanBook
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:17 AM

that great news, but I think before i do that I will try also with the USB card or usb speakers, do you think it can work without sound card? 

#15 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:19 AM

Well if there's no sound card, they won't work. You could try using an external USB sound card I guess but you would have to buy one if you don't have it already.

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users