Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cd Rom

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sopha

sopha

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 01 July 2006 - 01:43 PM

My pc suddenly doesn't recognize my cd rom. I can't play cd's or save to them. Tried to delete and re-install & search for updates but says error 39 I have corrupted driver? How can I restore and get it back? :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 PM

Posted 01 July 2006 - 01:52 PM

It could be as simple as a bad CMOS (motherboard) battery. It is a coin size battery located on your motherboard. It allows your computer to remember the BIOS settings when your computer is turned off. There are about $4 add most department, discount, or drug stores. There are several sizes so if you decide to replace it bring it with you, or atleast write the battery number download.
It should be replaced every 2 years .
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 sopha

sopha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 01 July 2006 - 04:22 PM

Thanks for your reply, I will try that. I guess that means I have to take my pc apart! Ive never done that before, hope I don't mess it up completely..sorry Im such an idot when it comes to my pc!

#4 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 01 July 2006 - 05:14 PM

Have you tried a system restore to before you had the problem? I recently had a similar problem and did System Restore and then it wouldn't boot, so I had to use Last Known Good Configuration, whereupon it booted and gave the message that the restore was successful. It's been working fine ever since.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users