Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Deletted Files

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 biferibiferi

biferibiferi

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 07 April 2015 - 06:23 PM

I have Win7 and ave Reformated my Exturnale Drive.

And I forgot to copy a Video file off it.

So I got the FREE Revover program and no it did not find any files.

And this Drive had a lot on it.

Can you tell me of a good free program for this?

Thank you for your time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,236 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 07 April 2015 - 06:43 PM

If you only used a quick format to to reformat the drive it's likely you can recover the information with Easus.

Worth a shot anyhow...

#3 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:27 PM

Hi biferibiferi :)

Be aware that when you delete data off a storage media, there's never a 100% guarantee that you'll ever recover what you deleted. Depending on what was deleted, how it was deleted, where it was located on the drive, etc. you have a chance to recover it, but it's not guaranteed. There's a few free data recovery programs that you can try, however they have limitions when it comes to the size of data they can recover (ranging from 1GB to 10GB). I wouldn't get my hopes up in this situation, but you can always give it a try.

Free data recovery programs you could use;
  • Recuva by Piriform;
  • EaseUS Data Recovery by EaseUS (not the same as TsVk! posted);
  • GetDataBackNTFS;
Good luck with the recovery process :) And in the future, try to make sure that you don't need anything inside a file, folder or drive before deleting it and/or make back up of your data frequently!

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users