Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adding Personal Folder To My Computer?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 .Prodigy.

.Prodigy.

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 AM

Posted 01 July 2006 - 12:58 PM

I have a sort of "Workspace" folder on my slave drive. I use it when I'm transferring files, all my newly downloaded files go there, etc. Is there any way to add it directly to My Computer in order to gain quicker access to it?

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ronbo

Ronbo

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 AM

Posted 01 July 2006 - 05:22 PM

This will involve some registry work on your part but seems to be what you are looking for:

http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/73/

Warning: mess with the registry at your own risk.
I would not recommend attempting this unless you are comfortable working with your registry and prepared for the worst case possibility (gasp... the dreaded reformat). Be sure to create a back up of your registry before you attempt this in case you make a mistake.

Edited by Ronbo, 01 July 2006 - 05:24 PM.

There is no justice, there is just us.

#3 .Prodigy.

.Prodigy.
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 AM

Posted 01 July 2006 - 11:48 PM

Thanks Ronbo, that was exactly what I was looking for, and It worked perfectly!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users