Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Name not available in sound mixer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 spongeboob40

spongeboob40

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:04 AM

Hi,

Earlier today  noticed something called 'name not available' in my sound mixer. I've done some research and it look like it's an infection? Any tips on how to get rid of this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, sponge :)

Edited by hamluis, 07 April 2015 - 05:56 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Netghost56

Netghost56

• Members
  • 973 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 07 April 2015 - 11:00 AM

Is it an active channel? Are you hearing what sounds like a radio station? If so, head over to Am I infected? forum. Good Luck.

#3 spongeboob40

spongeboob40
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 07 April 2015 - 01:21 PM

Is it an active channel? Are you hearing what sounds like a radio station? If so, head over to Am I infected? forum. Good Luck.

Thanks for the reply. So far I haven't noticed sounds but that's probably because I mainly play games and have it muted. I've read about people saying it plays adverts, but I'm not sure.

Sponge :)

#4 Netghost56

Netghost56

• Members
  • 973 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 07 April 2015 - 04:23 PM

Yes it's a very serious infection that can cause you to lose the ability to boot to desktop if you don't take the proper steps. Read up on rpcss.dll patched virus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users