Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Permanent Repair To Windows Store Sought

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 clayto

clayto

• Members
  • 470 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 AM

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:00 AM

I keep having to repair Windows Store with the Troubleshooter Wizard after every Shutdown or Restart and want to find a permanent repair.  The Troubleshooter constantly reports three things, only one of which is Fixed, namely 'Store cache may damaged', and this has to be Fixed again every time.  The other two are: (a) Display adapter may be out of date  (B) Store configuration may be damaged.  How do I set about trying to repair these two / three conditions permanently?

Following advice I have repeatedly used ScanNow which does not report any problems and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth ---- which does report problems but says it has repaired them.

What else can I try?

clayto

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rlesech

rlesech

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:59 AM

Hi Clayto,

Found this fix on Piriform.com 

Hope this helps.

How to Clear the Windows Store Cache in Windows 8

Information: This tutorial will show you how to clear the Windows Store cache in Windows 8.

Note: This will not delete any of your installed apps.
Here's How:

1. Press the Windows+R keys on your keyboard to open the Run dialog. 

2. Type WSReset.exe, and click/tap on OK.

3. The Store will now open, and state the following: The cache for the store was cleared. You can now browse the store for apps

#3 clayto

clayto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 470 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2015 - 11:58 AM

Thanks I will give that a try.. I have also just hard a return of the problem of various Store apps not working, including Store itself, with the message that they cannot open while File Explorer is running with Administrative privilages.  I asked how you withdraw Admin Privileges and never did get an answer to that.  Is it a sensible question?  If so, how do you do it? Otherwise I find I have to shutdown the computer and when it has restarted the issue has gone away.

clayto

#4 rlesech

rlesech

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2015 - 12:20 PM

Hi Clayto,

Let's see if this fixes some of the issues. It could be tied together.

#5 clayto

clayto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 470 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2015 - 05:27 AM

Hi --- no I am afraid it did not work, it just too me back to Start after Store flashed on the scree and off in a moment.  Two error messages are displayed:

'Windows cannot find WSR.exe' and 'Windows cannot find 'ms-windows-store:Purge Caches'.

clayto

#6 clayto

clayto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 470 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2015 - 11:13 AM

Hello again

By pure chance I tried to run WSReset.exe in Command Prompt with Amin, not in Run.  It worked!  It does not completely resolve the issue but it is quicker / simpler than using the Troubleshooter.  It does not however, stop the issue on next Sartup.

clayto

#7 rlesech

rlesech

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2015 - 06:28 PM

Hi Clayto,

Found this fix hope it works. http://www.thewindowsclub.com/reset-windows-store-cacheIf this doesn’t not help, you may want to repair your corrupt Windows Image or Component Store using DISM.

Thanks,

Ron

#8 clayto

clayto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 470 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2015 - 07:42 AM

Probably due, I am told, to the an Update download, I have had to have my Windows 8.1 re-installed and the Tablet returned to 'factory condition'.  Although I have spent hours reinstalling numerous apps / programs, some have benefited from being updated / refreshed and in particular the Store and a few corrupted apps are no longer giving me the trouble I was seeking help with! Some 'clouds have a silver lining'. I would not recommend this as a deliberate solution to the issues with the Store of course.  Thanks again for the help I was offered.

Clayto

#9 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 19 April 2015 - 02:35 AM

If you have this issue again, I found this through google search. :)

http://windowsinstructed.com/troubleshoot-windows-store-issues/

#10 clayto

clayto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 470 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2015 - 05:57 AM

Thank you! ----- another useful site.

clayto

#11 InadequateInfirmity