Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost touch screen on HP Touchsmart 14-b150us

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dayers11

dayers11

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:31 AM

Dear Bleeping.

I noticed my touch screen has stopped working on my HP Touchsmart.  I don't use it a lot so I'm not entirely certain when it happened.   I've tried the fixes listed on the HP site with no luck.  Comp is about a year old so I don't think it's a hardware issue.  I've seen some sites where the windows update will cause problems - not sure.    

I can't seem to find anything in control panel that helps - like the touchscreen/tablet options or the pen/touch options.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

D

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 PM

Posted 07 April 2015 - 01:50 PM

It would help if you post the model of this HP.

Have you tried replacing the driver for the touchsmart?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 HuleoAmadaeus

HuleoAmadaeus

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 PM

Posted 12 April 2015 - 01:59 AM

I have also had this issue with a friends computer, Acer however, happened sometime after March 22nd 2015. I believe an update removed the "HID-compliant touch screen" device from device manager, it has just disappeared entirely, i have tried working with usb generic device's drivers, its not listed in there, i have tried enabling the service for HID compliant device, no luck. I have tried going to acer's website for the driver for that model, it is not there. its like they stopped supporting it. help guys, i'm stuck. i need either that driver, a third-party touchscreen software, or something short of restoring it to earlier state.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 PM

Posted 12 April 2015 - 08:36 AM

I have also had this issue with a friends computer, Acer however, happened sometime after March 22nd 2015. I believe an update removed the "HID-compliant touch screen" device from device manager, it has just disappeared entirely, i have tried working with usb generic device's drivers, its not listed in there, i have tried enabling the service for HID compliant device, no luck. I have tried going to acer's website for the driver for that model, it is not there. its like they stopped supporting it. help guys, i'm stuck. i need either that driver, a third-party touchscreen software, or something short of restoring it to earlier state.

You need to open your own topic.  Posting your problem in another member's topic will only add confusion which would not be fair to either of you.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users