Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit,slow boot up and audio service not working.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 fireberd

fireberd

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 PM

Posted 07 April 2015 - 06:10 AM

Hi,

My Win 7 PC has developed a number of issues recently,which may be related or coincidental.It began a week ago when I booted the comp and recieved a message telling me I may be the victim of counterfeit software,and that my copy of Windows may not be genuine (it is genuine).I've had the machine for over 10 months prior to this,with no such notification!

I was able to 'activate' windows via control panel>system & security>system,and thought all was well..until my next reboot,when the comp was 'hanging' for several minutes on a black screen before the welcome/logon screen appeared,then again after logging on,until the desktop became visible.

I also realised the was no audio,and the speaker icon was missing from the taskbar.Going into 'services' I could see that the plugandplay,audio endpoint builder and audio services were all stopped,even though they are all set to 'automatic' - once I started those services the audio worked fine,although with no speaker icon. I have to do this at every startup now,which is getting a bit irritating!

Finally,I am no longer able to update my Avira AV - I receive a message 'access denied',although my other utilities such as Spybot and Malwarebytes all update correctly.I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling avira,but still cannot update.

Any help or suggestions welcome!

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 07 April 2015 - 01:39 PM.
moved from Windows 7 to Am I Infected

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 07 April 2015 - 01:37 PM

If tour AV program can't get updates you might be in the wrong forum. That is one sign of an infection trying to protect itself. I'm going to ask a moderator to move your message over to the Am I Infected forum so that you can get the trained help you need to determine the cause of your problem. AND they can solve it too!

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 07 April 2015 - 01:40 PM

Try doing a System Restore.  Use a restore point prior to this problem.

What happens if you boot into Safe Mode?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 fireberd

fireberd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:22 PM

I don't have any restore points,but booting into safe mood is accomplished much faster than in normal mode.

#5 fireberd

fireberd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2015 - 04:28 AM

Any further help with this?

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:41 AM

Does the computer run without problems in Safe Mode?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 fireberd

fireberd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2015 - 11:31 AM

Yes it seems fine in safe mode!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users