Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

3 hdd die in a month

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 fuchs

fuchs

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 07 April 2015 - 04:08 AM

1st hdd die on march 2015 ,less than 1 year use

maybe coz of static charge when i vacuum my pc banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

so i sent it for rma,while waiting,i use old 40gb HDD,it freeze sometime,i restart and it work again ,other than that it work fine

replacement from WD arrive,replace that 40gb hdd to replacement unit from wd,after 2 week,system cant detect hdd,i can hear pshhh pshh sound from hdd

so i change back to that old 40gb again,and it stop functioning today

sorry for bad english blush.gif

is there anything that i should check?that damage my hdd?or i just have a bad luck

before i buy new one

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,049 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:33 AM

Your problem could be many things, static can affect many of the components in your system.  The odd sound from the HD does not sound good, I am wondering if you have a voltage issue.  Also check to make sure your cables a plugged in properly on both ends.

Can you check the voltage to rule out that possibility?    http://pinouts.ru/Power/BigPower_pinout.shtml

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 PM

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:33 AM

Hi,

Try testing the HDDs on a spare machine...... Leave the spare machine working for a few hours....

Just do some file manipulation(transfer/copy) on the rma return HDD..

That should prove who creates trouble, your power supply unit+mobo or HDD itself.

FYI: RMA returns are usually once repaired hard disks....

Regards : CV                                                                                                    There is no ONE TOUCH key to security!
                                                                                                                                       Be alert and vigilant....!
                                                                                                                                  Always have a Backup Plan!!! Because human idiotism doesn't have a cure! Stop highlighting!
                                                     Questions are to be asked, it helps you, me and others.  Knowledge is power, only when its shared to others.            :radioactive: signature contents © cv and Someone....... :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users