Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Loss of ".cvh" file (client virtualization handler)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rolek

rolek

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 06 April 2015 - 11:52 PM

The file, "cvh ",was lost on my computer due to a virus received with a purchased program.  I need this file in order to create and print from a text program and a spreadsheet program patterned after "Word" and "Excel."  I have exhausted my attempts to restore the file without doing a system recover.  To do that all of my files will have to be downloaded to disks of one kind or another.  If I can find file elsewhere and install it would save a lot of work and the risk of losing something ini the process.  

Any advice? 

Thanks

rolek

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,541 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:21 AM

First...what you have referred to is a file extension, not a file itself, just the extension used to recognize certain types of files.

File extensions may apply to more than one type of file...it's necessary to have the proper information to pinpoint the proper type of file.

You...need to provide more information your situation for anyone to assist you, IMO.

Louis

#3 rolek

rolek
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 08 April 2015 - 12:23 AM

Louis, you are absolutely correct about the file extension, but where does it come from and where does it go?  We call the "app" files "exe" files so that is the reason i called it a "cvh" file. There is something strange about whether it is just an extension because it does something.  It is not a windows product, it is put on he computer by the manufacturer of the computer, not Windows not Microsoft, it is something like ".exe" .  I know being without it can cause a lot of grief.  I have a great number of "doc" type documents and "XLS" documents that I cannot even view.   So my question is, what is the remedy?  How can I find the thing that makes it work?

rolek 

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,541 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:07 AM

You need to post or refer to complete file names, if we are to make any progress.

An extension by itself...is just part (an important part) of any determination of what a given file refers to.

Why are you even interested in this?  Do you have any error messages indicating that something is amiss with your system?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users